Free sets of Kevlar transmission bands

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
KimDobbins
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Dobbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring, 1910 touring, 1913 touring, 1916 couplet, 1924 truck.
MTFCA Number: 8243

Free sets of Kevlar transmission bands

Post by KimDobbins » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:25 am

The company who was supplying our Kevlar transmission bands is no longer able to supply them. I new overseas supplier has been found, but these bands need to be field tested before they can be offered for sale. Rocky Mountain machine company is looking for 3 people you will install these new bands in your car and report on there performance. There are 3 sets available, two 1909-25 style and one 1926-27 style. Prospective testers need to agree use there car often so the test can be completed as soon as possible. If you would agree to test these free sets of bands, let me know. Kim Dobbins kdmks AT att.net.

Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Re: Free sets of Kevlar transmission bands

Post by Joe Bell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 am

I bought bands 20 years ago from Frank and John Iaccino at hershey, they where the Kevlar Band in the can logo, I have never had issues of getting bands from them. A while back there was some issues from other supplier's of wrong material and thickness but have never had problems with these boy's! Thanks for keeping the hobby going and quality materials. Just my thought on this product, Joe

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am

Darn, too bad the tour season is over. Good test would be someone that deals with a lot of going up and down hills and stop and go traffic. Something that will put them thru a good workout. Maybe a stock car and one that has a little extra power like overhead or high compression head. From what I found out, they have been out of stock for more then a while and that Lang's (after a phone call a couple of weeks back) has back orders. I even did a little(very) sleuthing but concluded it would be a custom job, not off the shelf item. Glad someone is putting in the effort to find a supplier.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

KWTownsend
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Townsend
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: late 1911 touring, 1915 runabout, 1919 touring, brass speedster
MTFCA Number: 14778
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16305
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KWTownsend » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Kim-
I'd be happy to be a new Kevlar tester.

As Mark said, the touring season is kind of winding down, so I don't know when I would be able to give a full accurate report.

I bet Wayne Sheldon would be willing to test a set too.

-Keith

Topic author
KimDobbins
First Name: Kim
Last Name: Dobbins
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 touring, 1910 touring, 1913 touring, 1916 couplet, 1924 truck.
MTFCA Number: 8243

Post by KimDobbins » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:27 pm

All the sets of bands are spoken for, thanks to those who responded. Dean Yoder, Tony Bowker, Keith Townsend and Brad Kirtner.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic