Halloween

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Tom Hicks
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Hicks
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '24 TT, '26 TT, '24 Speedster, '26 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 32518

Halloween

Post by Tom Hicks » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 am

Halloween is close!

Last year I got rained out, but the two years before that my wife and a friend of hers rode in the back of the Limo though three neighborhoods that I often drive. Those neighborhoods are parallel to the main road and have 25 mph speed limits, a lot of the people trick-or-treating have seen me and the Limo before. There are people with displays and fires on their lawns, groups of children walking on the street, many parents with younger children, etc. It took several hours, but we handed out a thousand pieces of candy. Well, almost a thousand, some seems to have disappeared, but they gave out a lot of candy, and we had a lot of fun. I do get lots of waves when I drive through those neighborhoods, and some of the younger children recognize the Limo and jump up and down waving and shouting. Yeah, it is fun.

I am hoping for excellent weather this year, but my wife is busy, I have to find someone else to sit in the back and hand out candy. I suspect I will!

What are your plans for Halloween?
Technology, the solution to all of our problems... and the cause of most of them.

brucesp
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: Spainhower
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Touring, 1926 Fordor
MTFCA Number: 27977

Re: Halloween

Post by brucesp » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Halloween is perfect for a Model T. I've been adding to the 15's decorations year by year, and it's always a hit. The neighbors have come to expect the "spooky car" traveling the streets. I'm glad I've got Ruckstell low.

This will be the second year for the "Newlydeads" in the back seat. I go as the zombie chauffeur. This year, I've articulated the "bride's" head to turn, the jaw to open and close, and the eyes to light up red. She's controlled by a small button box next to me in the front seat.

If you think your Model T gets attention on an ordinary day, try something like this. Puts a lot of smiles on a lot of faces… and gets a few screams, too.
passengers1.jpg
passengers2.jpg
passengers3.jpg

Roger Byrne
First Name: Roger
Last Name: Byrne
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Torpedo Open Runabout, 1914 Touring, 1912 Speedster (in progress) 1927 Touring
MTFCA Number: 8127

Post by Roger Byrne » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Original owner.

A friend of mine said he looks happy . . . he is, he doesn't have to start or run it anymore.
Attachments
revDSC09343.jpg
Preserving Mechanical History for Future Generations since 1965

babychadwick
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Azevedo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Boattail speedster, 1912 Tourabout project, 1927 Speedster (build)
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by babychadwick » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am

While not being a "T" my Son and I will be dressed as a couple gangsters with zombie masks and in the '38 Lincoln. I've rigged up a battery to run flickering led bulbs (1 for the front, one for the back) and a fog machine that shoots under the seat getting fog everywhere. Some fake bullet holes should be in today to dress up the side of the car, last Saturday they had a party so we did a sort of dry run and everything was working perfect. On Halloween there is a neighborhood we go to at a friends house but may cruise a little from one street to the other.
Attachments
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic