Are there still good tire deals going on?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mike Lebsack-Iowa
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Lebsack
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 11Torpedo, 11 Roadster, 13 Touring, 14 Roadster, 14 Touring
Board Member Since: 2008

Are there still good tire deals going on?

Post by Mike Lebsack-Iowa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Are there still any good tire discount deals with any of the T tire vendors? I think there some big discounts or incentives a month or so ago, are those still available. Looking for for new set of 30x3.5 clincher tires. Thanks, Mike

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Are there still good tire deals going on?

Post by Scott_Conger » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Mike

if you want Firestones, then Summit has them and offers free shipping...that's a big bonus right there...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cok-793850/
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Mike, there are no good tyre deals because there are no good tyres, just inferior products. However there may be good deals on tyres, even though the tyres are sub stsndard.

Allan from down under, where Olympic used to make good tyres.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Amen Allan!

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 pm

I have had good luck with Lucas Tires. I call Long Beach, Ca location and the tires are on my porch next day. Haven't had any problems with their tires. They have several different reproductions of the tires available during the days when the Model T's were daily drivers.

I think there is a location somewhere around Missouri or elsewhere in the middle of the U.S.A. which would be closer to you.
Norm

lesvonnordheim
First Name: Les
Last Name: Von Nordheim

Post by lesvonnordheim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:03 am

Norm,
You do not live that far from Lucas (Long Beach) and it will not cost much in gas. Take the Wife for a Tire shopping trip....smile. I like their Wards Riverside thread style and am very happy with their tires. I run Lucas tires on several of my cars and like their products. Their tires do not seem to crack as soon compared to other brands that I have used. I don't think you can beat their prices. Tires and tubes are not cheap compared to 5 yrs. ago.

Les

samuel pine
First Name: samuel
Last Name: pine
Board Member Since: 2004

Post by samuel pine » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am

Answer NOPE: I can buy a 11 22.5 truck tires for around $200 and that tire in materials may
make four 30 x 3 1/2's a new backhoe tire, say $600 and mounted thats like ten model t
bicycle tires. I really need three tires 30 x 3 1/2; so where are they coming from with
a plane tube tire??? 15 bucks when I was in high school at sears::::

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:23 pm

We really need to ask the tyre producers how much extra it would cost to make a tyre with rubber compounds which don't crack up in the sun and will last more than 3000 miles. The carcases seem to give no problems. It's Just the pre-chewed licorice they use to cover them.

That's what happens when a market is subject to a monopoly supplier, and that free market lacks consumer laws which demand products be fit for purpose. Who believes that a car tube does not have to hold air to be fit for use?

Allan from down under.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic