More of Henrietta's history.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

More of Henrietta's history.

Post by Allan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:46 pm

I went to an Australia Day picnic lunch in Henrietta. We were out of our league among the 60's and 70's classics. However, at the start I got into a conversation with a gentleman about my T buckboard. He remembered that an uncle and aunt had a model T buckboard back in the 1950's on their farm at Halbury. That got my interest!!! He said " Their name was Webb." Well, I had to tell him he was looking at that very car. He listed off a series of vehicles the Webb's had after the T. When I told him I had the original registration papers for 1955, with Henrietta L. F. Webb as the registered owner., he told me the F. was for Florence, and she preferred to be known by the locals as Florrie.

There's no way I am going to change Henrietta's name to Florrie.

The fellow with whom I have long shared a site at the Bendigo National Swap meet was there also. He told me he lived at Halbury as a child. He also remembered the Webb's, but not favourably. Ken Webb was the immediate past owner of Henrietta. My friend remembered a Cyril Webb being a grumpy old bugger. Perhaps he was Ken's brother, and also a son of Henrietta.

It amazes me that two such connections can be made at the same event. It makes me doubly sad that I ran that number 1 rod bearing on my way to the Balaclava Show Ute Muster. Halbury district residents would all do their shopping in Balaclava. Who knows what else I might have found out?

Time to phone Henrietta's grand daughter to fill in some gaps.

Allan fom down under.

Mindless Automaton
First Name: Kep
Last Name: Kerensky
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 23 truck, 26 bug
Board Member Since: 2011

Re: More of Henrietta's history.

Post by Mindless Automaton » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:01 am

Old belt leather to the show.

John Warren
First Name: John
Last Name: Warren
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Roadster, 25 Pickup , 26 Canadian Touring , and a 24-28 TA race car

Re: More of Henrietta's history.

Post by John Warren » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Allan, So what happened? Some photos please. updates? Thanks
24-28 TA race car, 26 Canadian touring, 25 Roadster pickup, 14 Roadster, and 11AB Maxwell runabout
Keep it simple and keep a good junk pile if you want to invent something :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic