Tracing and deminsions of Texas T (Birdhaven) Alt. mount

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Tracing and deminsions of Texas T (Birdhaven) Alt. mount

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Does anyone have a mounting bracket that bolts to the engine with the front left two head bolts that Birdhaven includes with their Texas T external mount 12 volt alternator kits, that could draw me a tracing of and include all dimensions. They don't list them separately and if I relocate my charging unit, from the generator position, I want to use a 6 volt alternator and Birdhaven's kits only are offered with 12 volt alternators. If I have a tracing and the dimensions, I can make a bracket that will work. If you can help, let me know. Otherwise, I'll do it the old fashioned way, trial and error.

Topic author
ModelTWoods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan

Re: Tracing and deminsions of Texas T (Birdhaven) Alt. mount

Post by ModelTWoods » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Bump. I can't believe not a single T owner has relocated his T's generator (or alternator).

TRDxB2
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 pm

It may be that they are all mounted and no one wants to disassemble theirs. Here is link to the the installation instructions - I'm sure you can figure out something from them. http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/manuals/T5119ALT-Ext.pdf
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

Topic author
ModelTWoods

Post by ModelTWoods » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:00 am

I had thought about the fact that every owner had theirs installed. I'm going to contact Birdhaven and if they won't sell just the bracket, I'll measure the center-to-center of the two bolt holes and apply it this the drawing in the photo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic