Post complete vehicles for sale here

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

For Sale: 1926 Model T Coupe - SOLD !!!

Post by Walt Wise » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pm

I am selling my 26 Coupe that I bought on 12-8-2016, when I settled on it because I had searched for an older suicide door Coupe for a year and couldn’t find the right one for me. Now that I have my 22 Coupe, the 26 Coupe needs to find a new home. As usual with old cars, I have spent way more on the car than I could ever get for it, but nonetheless, I don’t have adequate garage room for two Model T’s, nor the energy to get two cars exactly like I want, so my loss will be your gain. I sure I won’t even remember all I have done to this 26 Coupe, but I will list here what I can remember. First, the car cranks instantaneously almost every time on battery and runs very well. It also runs on magneto, but not real strong if you are going up inclines. I have wanted to do an in car charge of the magneto, but haven’t located anyone close-by enough to help me with that and I didn’t want to attempt it by myself. The head gasket has been replaced and I cleaned all the old carbon off the underside of the head and the top of the block/pistons. It has a new exhaust manifold with new gaskets. The timing gear has been replaced with the new nylon style one. I put the new type pulley on the fan that has the enclosed bearings and new fan belt. It has all new radiator hoses and clamps. All of the wiring harnesses have been replaced and a new terminal block. I just replaced all the battery cables with 00 gauge 2/0 AWG size cables. I even installed a second ground cable from the frame over to the hogshead for additional grounding. It has a one year old Duralast battery. The generator charges just fine. All lights/horns/switches work as designed. It has a new Anderson timer and new Champion X plugs. The gas tank has been removed, boiled out, and resealed/coated . The NH carb was professionally rebuilt, not by me, even though I have learned how to do that now, has the full flow valve that Mr. Scott Conger manufactures, new gas line, new elbow cutoff at the carb inlet, and I restored/serviced the original gas shutoff at the tank outlet. I installed a period looking oil stick, so you don’t have to reach under or get under the car to check the oil. There is a new communicator rod and throttle rod. It has four newly rebuilt/restored coils done by Mr. Ron Patterson. The starter has a new bendix spring. An original horn was added that I bought as a ”rebuilt” horn. The front end has rebuilt spindles(new bushings) and new kingpins and new tie rod bolts. The drag link has new Apco spring loaded ball cap ends. The steering has a new 5-1 gear ratio drive pinion and gear set. The frontend/steering is just as tight as it can be! There are new bearings and races in the front hubs. The transmission has fairly new looking cotton bands and I added that new oil screen with the big magnet. The pedals have new rubber pads. Clutch pedal is new(NOS) along with new slow speed connection. The rearend bearings were removed/cleaned/repacked and the new cap seals installed. The emergency brake quadrant is new, along with new pawl/spring. The car has five brand new Lucas tires, with new tubes, and new rim flaps. There are new lugs on the wire wheels, along with the stainless steel washers and five new chrome hub caps. I bought it with rear bumpers installed already(Model A bumper bars) and bought the bumper brackets for the front and added Model A bumper bars there as well, so it would match. Installed is a new left side outside mirror. Since I am taller than most, I moved the seat bench/back almost 4 inches per the Service Manual instructions and just spent $600 rebuilding and new upholstery for the seat bench/back. I have attached several pics to show both inside and out, plus both sides of the motor. The interior isn’t perfect, but it is not torn and ratty, just a water stain here or there. The car could use painting, but I consider it very presentable to drive as is if you like. I am asking $7500, but will consider all offers. Maybe whining a bit here, but I have over 10K in it, with 2K just in parts from Langs, excluding postage and not adding in parts from other vendors I have bought. If interested in discussing further, PLEASE either email or PM me through this Forum and I will get back to you ASAP with my phone number and address so you can come see it. Much Thanks for looking!!! Walt Wise in Atlanta, Georgia
front of car (Small).jpg
back of car (Small).jpg
left side of car (Small).jpg
[attachment=1]right side of car (Small).jpg[/attachment
Attachments
right side of car (Small).jpg
Last edited by Walt Wise on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Walt Wise

Re: For Sale: 1926 Model T Coupe

Post by Walt Wise » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:04 pm

left side motor (Small).jpg
right side motor (Small).jpg
left interior (Small).jpg
right interior (Small).jpg

Topic author
Walt Wise

Post by Walt Wise » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:08 pm

I am not a photographer, so if anyone needs a specific picture of something, let me know and I will attempt to provide that. Also, PLEASE let me know if you have any questions and I will attempt to answer anything I know about as honestly as I can - the ONLY way I roll! Much Thanks !!! Walt Wise
Last edited by Walt Wise on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 6866
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KeithG » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Walt, That car is a STEAL at that price!!! If I was even halfway thinking of another T, that would be it, right now! And your description is excellent. The only thing I didn't see is if the rear end has bronze thrust washers. This car will be sold soon.....

Just my opinion,

Keith
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

FreighTer Jim
First Name: James
Last Name: Jarzabek
MTFCA Number: 29562
MTFCI Number: 24398
Board Member Since: 2008

Post by FreighTer Jim » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Walt,

Nice ad with a good description of what looks
to be a very fairly priced Model T 👍

FJ
Google “ Model T Transport “
MTFCA - MTFCI - MAFCA Member

OldFordGuyDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Adcock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Several
MTFCA Number: 31975
MTFCI Number: 10468

Post by OldFordGuyDan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:17 pm

I am interested in you 26T please email me a phone number sow we can talk. My email address is dan.w.adcock@gmail.com and my phone number is 217-649-0724. Dan

Topic author
Walt Wise

Post by Walt Wise » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Mr. Adcock, I just sent you an email with my contact info. I just don't feel comfortable posting it here where everyone in the world could see it if they wanted to,,, Much Thanks for responding!!! Walt Wise

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Nice Car Walt.., it will not last long at that price.

Hank

Topic author
Walt Wise

Post by Walt Wise » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 am

Much Thanks for the kind observations/words Mr. Gumbinger, Mr. Jarzabek, and Mr. Hank!!! I think this is a very solid car and worth every penny of the $7500, so I hope someone else in the purchase market agrees! Thanks to all!!! Walt Wise, Atlanta, GA

MadMax
First Name: Max
Last Name: Lindsay
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 15 Touring, 21 Runabout

Post by MadMax » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:15 am

Walt, looks like a great car and sorry you have to part ways. If it were a truck, I’d be all over it

tommyleea
First Name: Tommy
Last Name: Russell

Post by tommyleea » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Walt..What is the status of the title, and do the numbers on title match numbers on T? Thanks..And could you send me contact information. Thanks..Tommy J. Russell..

Topic author
Walt Wise

Post by Walt Wise » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Mr. Russell, I sent you an email through this website. Sometimes I understand they may go to your SPAM folder, so look there if it isn't in your Inbox. Much Thanks for responding!!! Walt Wise, Atlanta, GA

Topic author
Walt Wise

Re: For Sale: 1926 Model T Coupe - SOLD !!!

Post by Walt Wise » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:43 pm

The 26 Coupe has found a new home!!! Now I can focus all my time/energy on my recent 22 Coupe purchase - the car I wanted in the first place! Much Thanks to the MTFCA and specifically Ms. Susan Yaeger and Jeff Stevenson for their help!!! Walt Wise

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic