26-27 Ford Bumpers Touring and Sedans

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Humblej
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Humble
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Canadian built coupe, 1924 TT C-cab, survivor 1924 roadster
MTFCA Number: 28034
Board Member Since: 2006

26-27 Ford Bumpers Touring and Sedans

Post by Humblej » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:02 am

For Sale: Original Ford 26-27 accessory front and rear bumpers for touring, 2 door, and 4 doors. This is the long rear bumper bars, not the short bumperetts. In unrestored well preserved condition, no bends, no damage, no heavy rust or deep pitting. some paint on brackets (arms) and bumper bars are a combination of paint and rust with traces of plating. Set is complete with front and rear long bumper bars, front brackets, rear brackets for touring and sedans (will not fit coupe or roadster), bumper clamp ovals, bumper clamp backing plates, bumper clamp carriage bolts, center medallions marked "Ford Made in USA", center medallion backing plates. Everything except the nuts and bolts that attach the bumpers to the chassis frame. One medallion is a bit rough and probably not worth restoring given that decent repo ones are available. I bought this set for my 26 coupe but afterwards I discovered that there were 2 different rear bumper arm brackets, one for touring and sedans, the other for coupe and roadster. The only difference between them is the length of the rear bumper arm, the coupe and roadster arms being about 4 3/8 inches longer than the touring and sedan arms due to the different spare tire configurations. This I found by researching the bumper drawings at the Benson Ford Research Center. If anyone has a nice pair of coupe/roadster rear bumper arms that they would like to trade for my touring/sedan rear bumper arms that would be my preference, otherwise the complete front and rear bumper set is for sale for $850 plus shipping. Anyone interested in a trade should please contact me and I will describe how you should measure your arms to know if they are coupe/roadster arms for sure. No rusty or bent arms and no repo arms please, only looking for something in similar condition to what I have.
Last edited by Humblej on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Humblej
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Humble
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Canadian built coupe, 1924 TT C-cab, survivor 1924 roadster
MTFCA Number: 28034
Board Member Since: 2006

Re: 26-27 Ford Bumpers Touring and Sedans

Post by Humblej » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:11 am

Still looking for a trade, if anyone has the longer coupe/roadster rear bumper brackets that they would like to trade for my shorter sedan/touring brackets please contact me ASAP. I have a person interested in buying my complete front and rear set but the deal is not done yet and I would prefer the trade.
Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic