Nuthin' Special needs large drum Rockies... also a ugly straight thru carburator

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Powerwagonmaniac1
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Becker
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 touring, 1917 speedster, 1925 give or take roadster pickup
Board Member Since: 2005

Nuthin' Special needs large drum Rockies... also a ugly straight thru carburator

Post by Powerwagonmaniac1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Guys, I picked up a Warford for Nuthin' Special. I need to piece together a set of large drum rocky mountain brakes for him. Would anyone have a used set or a partial set for cheap so I can put something together. They can be rusty crusty, missing linings bent or missing parts I can fab just about anything needed don't care if parts come from multiple sources .

Also would like to find a ugly looking rebuildable straight thru carb I can rebuild with My son Carston.

Trying to find parts on the cheap for our hot rodded model T that my son Carston and I are building on the cheap. You can see our build threads on the forum from a couple of years ago and last year to see what we have done. hopefully soon we can start chopping the top bows for the top and an aluminum hood for him with Hot Rod louvers as well as a hand brushed blue paint job soon.

Thanks,
Chris and Carston Becker

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Nuthin' Special needs large drum Rockies... also a ugly straight thru carburator

Post by StanHowe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:04 pm

How old is Carston already?
Seems like he was new just a year or two ago but he actually must be about ten?

frontyboy
First Name: dick
Last Name: dock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: T sprint cars

Re: Nuthin' Special needs large drum Rockies... also a ugly straight thru carburator

Post by frontyboy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:46 pm

I was told the other day that you can make your own flow thru Kingston carburetor. Set it up in a mill and bore it straight thru slightly undersized. The take a taper reamer and give the venture a bit of taper for better air flow. Now I have not done this just repeating what an old T guy told me, so don't shoot the messenger.

frontyboy

Topic author
Powerwagonmaniac1
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 touring, 1917 speedster, 1925 give or take roadster pickup

Post by Powerwagonmaniac1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:36 am

Carston is 13 now Stan probably a lot taller then he was when you met him at Portland Swap Meet years ago.

Topic author
Powerwagonmaniac1

Post by Powerwagonmaniac1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:38 am

Is that Kingston L5?

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:37 am

OK, For the kid only and no one else (Do not highjack this thread and contact me please), I have a brand new complete set of big drum Rocky Mountain Brakes, $500.00 plus shipping. Will even throw in a modified brake pedal. Email Only.

IMG_2441.jpeg

All the Best,

Hank

Topic author
Powerwagonmaniac1

Post by Powerwagonmaniac1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:37 am

hank will send you a message this afternoon thank you very much.

Chris and Carston

FordFool
First Name: Don
Last Name: Kirtley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 and 16 touring, 18 and 20 coup, 20 tudor
MTFCA Number: 23703
MTFCI Number: 23153
Board Member Since: 2009

Post by FordFool » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm

I have a NH straight thru. you can have It for the shipping. It does need rebuilding. Let me know. Don

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic