Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Re: 1918 Model T Ford Coupelet Body Brass Era

Post by Original Smith » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:21 am

You should be able to purchase the whole car for that price!

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:27 pm

That body has been brought up for sale regularly, for years, for pretty much the same price. It's future is still that of it's past: unsold. I can't speculate on what it's worth, but am certain that whatever it was really worth 2 months ago, it's worth less than that today and will be worth even less than that in 3 months.
Scott Conger

Full Flow Float Valves - deliver fuel like Henry intended!

Sarikatime
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Seress
MTFCA Number: 27707

Post by Sarikatime » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:05 pm

I know someone that bought a 17 not long ago with the same body and removable doorposts, complete running car, in a lot better condition, for less than that. Although it had a 21 running gear under that body but still. That seller is rather full of himself with the off the wall comments and description of the car and abusive comments towards the potential buyer. Just my opinion. Frank

Charles J
First Name: Charles
Last Name: Jenkins
MTFCA Number: 28066
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Charles J » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm

He has had that body for sale for several years it was a lot higher a couple years ago I think it's in Montana

ModelT46
First Name: Darel
Last Name: Leipold
MTFCA Number: 823
MTFCI Number: 953
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by ModelT46 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 pm

While we seem to agree that it is over priced, it should be put on a correct 1917 runnning gear. Those with deep,deep pockets are paying huge sums for classics, it would be nice if one of those deep pockets persons would buy this body and complete the car. While I am not rich, I could buy the body and buy a 1917 running gear. I would be just for my satisfaction and knowing I saved another "rarer" Model T. My wife probably would go along, she would rather see the $$$ stay in our reserve account. With the present sitiuattion in our country, that is probably best. But still, it would be fun to have that T. And at 87 and other projects, it would be best to forget the whole idea about that T body. It is fun to dream!

Take care everyone.

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
MTFCA Number: 19133

Post by StanHowe » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 pm

You would be amazed at his collection, warehouses, storage units and barns at his farm filled with cars, trucks, tractors, fire engines, parts, memorabilia, etc.
You would also be amazed at how much he sells and what he gets for it.
Self made wealth, a walking encyclopedia of automotive knowledge and he doesn't care it it sells or not.
Where else can you advertise for people interested in what else you have to sell or want to buy??
Bob is nobody's fool, is a Fellow of the Board of Directors of the Engineering College at Montana State University and holds a variety of patents on CNC machines and computers.

Galen West
First Name: Galen
Last Name: West

Post by Galen West » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:00 pm

I agree with Stan about Bob's collection.Impressive. Some years ago I purchased some model T snow machine stuff from him. When I went to pickup the parts I found them as he had advertised them. He is a very knowledgable guy. I would do business with him again.

StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
MTFCA Number: 19133

Post by StanHowe » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Galen, I'm sure you didn't see anywhere near all of it. I've known him for 30 years and more and I have never seen all of it. He has a gorgeous 59 Cadillac 2 dr hardtop, Model T's, fire engines and the crown of his collection, a 1912 Kissell originally owned by Judge Clark of Virginia City, Montana that is probably worth in the 300K range. I've driven it several times.
Interesting and knowledgeable guy.

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Why are we over endorsing someone who is advertise on eBay? I believe this is against the rules of this club. It has been advertised for years, like a lot of years, and the price is way out of the park in today’s money.

Please kill this thread.

Just a reminder what is right,

Hank

Tim Moore
First Name: TIMOTHY
Last Name: MOORE

Post by Tim Moore » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm

This seller always has really valuable and rare items but like Hank I object that these postings on the classifieds are not for sale here but on e-bay. Shouldn't the classified section be for what is available to us and not a link to an auction site? Doesn't the classified mean what can be purchased through the MTFCA and not directed to e-bay? If listed in our classified for sale section it should be available and if not should be removed. NO E-BAY listing is just my opinion.

Quickm007
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981

Post by Quickm007 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 am

Agree with Hank, I believe this is against the rules of this club.
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 race car project

Perry Goble
First Name: William
Last Name: Goble
MTFCA Number: 31190
MTFCI Number: 24534

Post by Perry Goble » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 am

I for one appreciate a heads up on a great find ,like this car body were ever it comes from . Yes I thank the asking price is to hight for most of us . But were are you going find another one . And I enjoyed looking at it . It is fun to me to see These rear Model T s . If someone from the club was to buy it, wouldn't that be good for club as a whole . I have a good friend who has two 1909s for sale he in my humble opinion is asking to much for them but I still enjoy seeing them . Just my two cents worth .

sweet23
First Name: Darryl
Last Name: Bobzin
MTFCA Number: 27211
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by sweet23 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:47 pm

I thought the purpose of this club was to keep the Model T hobby going. What difference does it make where a part is listed ? If someone listed a part I had been looking for, I wouldn't care if their listing took me to E-bay, Craig's list, Online yard sale, Hemming's or a local news paper add. I would be grateful someone posted a part I might not otherwise find on my own. As to his asking price, he can ask what ever he wants. I am sure if someone was very interested in that body they would contact him and work out a price.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic