StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

PERIOD CORRECT FUEL TANK

Post by StanHowe » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 pm

I've had this tank for close to 40 years, took it off an International Six Speed Special. It was used to haul fuel for a farmer that had machinery that burned gasoline, tractor fuel and kerosene. So it has 3 compartments. They are about the same size and are held together with a band that goes around the ends of the tanks. The original caps are on the tanks. It is on an old wooden frame that has kept it up off the ground so it is not rotted out.

Located in Helena, Montana. I have a loader tractor to pick it up and set it on your trailer.
2015 8 30 ranch 022.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 018.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 017.JPG
Last edited by StanHowe on Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
StanHowe

Re: PERIOD CORRECT FUEL TANK

Post by StanHowe » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 pm

I've had this tank for close to 40 years, took it off an International Six Speed Special. I think originally it was a Conoco fuel delivery thank. Then it was used to haul fuel for a farmer that had machinery that burned gasoline, tractor fuel and kerosene. It has 3 compartments. They are about the same size and are held together with a band that goes around the ends of the tanks. The original caps are on the tanks. It is on an old wooden frame that has kept it up off the ground so it is not rotted out. There is a pipe that comes from the bottom of each tank out the back.

I want $750 for it. Or will trade for a new set of Sure Stop brakes for my 27 coupe. =) That's what the money is going toward.

Located near Helena, Montana. I have a loader tractor to pick it up and set it on your trailer. Or whoever's trailer you have pick it up.
2015 8 30 ranch 022.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 018.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 017.JPG
Yeah, I know, they are terrible photos. Hard to see and I should have thrown the Farmall Cub drawbar thing off the top of the tank before I took the pics. Oh Well.

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 pm

I've had this tank for close to 40 years, took it off an International Six Speed Special. I think originally it was a Conoco fuel delivery thank. Then it was used to haul fuel for a farmer that had machinery that burned gasoline, tractor fuel and kerosene. It has 3 compartments. They are about the same size and are held together with a band that goes around the ends of the tanks. The original caps are on the tanks. It is on an old wooden frame that has kept it up off the ground so it is not rotted out. There is a pipe that comes from the bottom of each tank out the back.

I want $750 for it. Or will trade for a new set of Sure Stop brakes for my 27 coupe. =) That's what the money is going toward.

Located near Helena, Montana. I have a loader tractor to pick it up and set it on your trailer. Or whoever's trailer you have pick it up.
2015 8 30 ranch 022.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 018.JPG
2015 8 30 ranch 017.JPG Yeah, I know, they are terrible photos. Hard to see and I should have thrown the Farmall Cub drawbar thing off the top of the tank before I took the pics. Oh Well.

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Well, I guess you get to read it three or four times, whatever showed up on here. Can't get it to post, can't get it to post, can't get it to post, then can't delete the double post because it has a reply to it.

So! If you are interested, give me a call at 406-949-3448 or email me at stanhowemt@aol.com Don't use the relay system thing because it works even worse than trying to post on here.

Thanks,
Stan Howe

dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

Post by dobro1956 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Stan, the 2 unwanted posts above should have a picture of a pencil in the upper right corner. Click on the pencil. It will open to a page of the post. You can put the curser at the end of the post and use the backspace key to remove all the text, the title and also the photos. You will need to leave 10 letters in the text area. I use 10 of the letter X or the words post removed. Anything that equals 10 characters will work. Then hit the submit button The post is still there but all that's left is the 10 characters. You will need to do that to each of the unwanted posts

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks. I'm pretty tired of trying to get it to work.
You can only edit if there have been no replies. If you have tried again to post it you can't remove it or edit it since that then becomes a reply.
I give up on this, there are several places on Facebook and Craigslist that are simple and work to advertise.
This was a waste of an hour, whether it is my computer or the site host's most of the time it won't post the first two or three times I try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic