No Longer For Sale - One (1) Stromberg OF Throttle shaft for .032" thick throttle plate

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
Board Member Since: 2005

No Longer For Sale - One (1) Stromberg OF Throttle shaft for .032" thick throttle plate

Post by Scott_Conger » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:03 pm

I had to make several for myself, so while I was set up, I made 1 spare throttle shaft. If you need one, and your carb has a .032" thick throttle plate, this is what you want. Additionally, it comes with the correct screws, so no need to reuse the boogered up old ones.

HINT: if the throttle plate is the SAME thickness as the choke plate, you have the .032" version, and this is the shaft you want...if your throttle plate is a LOT THICKER (.063) then you do NOT want this shaft.

Picture shows 2, but only 1 is for sale.

EMAIL if interested.

Thank you.
Attachments
Throttle Shafts.gif
Last edited by Scott_Conger on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Conger

Full Flow Float Valves - deliver fuel like Henry intended!

BuddyTheRoadster
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Rini

Re: For Sale - One (1) Stromberg OF Throttle shaft for .032" thick throttle plate

Post by BuddyTheRoadster » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 am

Unsolicited testimonial: I've got one of these, and Scott's workmanship is gorgeous.

Topic author
Scott_Conger

Re: For Sale - One (1) Stromberg OF Throttle shaft for .032" thick throttle plate

Post by Scott_Conger » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 am

Thanks Chris
Scott Conger

Topic author
Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 am

I'll bump this once or twice and then it'll be gone. If you're rebuilding a Stromberg OF and not replacing this part, you're not really rebuilding it. As a suggestion, if you think you'll need this in the future, you might want to act. Demand is understandably low, and I will not tool up to make one as a request...only as part of a production run and for now, this is it.

thanks, everyone, for looking.
Scott Conger

Topic author
Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:35 pm

OK
last time
say buh-buy
back on the shelf and add this to the "no one wants one" list...not that I'm at all surprised. I'll use it soon enough and will be greatful I don't have to set up to make it.
thanks for looking
Scott Conger

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic