Rick_Rice
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Rice
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 TT Closed Cab Express
MTFCA Number: 50121

TT Parts Wanted

Post by Rick_Rice » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 am

Hi Guys,
Yet another story to prove they are still out there sleeping in barns all across the Country! I was very blessed yesterday when I met an awesome-good man (Thank you Mr. Franklin Babb for your hospitality!) and picked up and brought home my latest treasure, a really cool LATE 1925 TT (26 style engine and transmission) open chassis truck. The story is the truck spent most of it's life in central Florida, hauling heavy crates of oranges from the groves to market on a farm-made wooden flat bed. Franklin told me his father started working in the orange grove business in 1918 and Franklin grew up learning the orange growing business from his dad. I am not sure who actually purchased the truck new, but it wears several decades of hard work and sure is cool! Franklin eventually moved from Florida to South Carolina and stored the truck in a dry barn for several decades, always hoping to restore the truck some day to all it's original glory, but time caught up with him. The last time it was started was 1990, but when I grabbed ahold of the crank yesterday, the engine was not stuck and still felt like it had good compression. Anyway, Again, I am very blessed to be the new caretaker of this old work horse.

I plan to leave the 95 years of patina on the truck, go through it mechanically to make it dependable and re-build and install a replacement wooden flat bed and seat, made out of old barn wood. The original wooden heavy duty frame rails are still in tact and appear to be very solid, so I will re-use them in an effort to keep as much original on the truck as possible.

The truck also has a Warford auxiliary transmission, as well as oversized rear tires and heavy duty wire wheels on the front end to prepare it for the heavy loads. The front fenders are badly bent-up and rotted and the hood is also pretty trashed. The steering wheel and steering column has succumbed to many decades of hot Florida sun and the hard rubber is broken away and brittle.

I am looking for the following good solid TT parts, hopefully with patina, so pits and dings are fine:
* Pair of front fenders
* Hood and hood rod assembly
* Good head light reflectors and any other loose headlight hardware, sockets and wiring plugs
* High 26 style grill shell, lower apron and attaching hardware
* TT style running boards
* Good original steering wheel
* Good original complete steering column with steering gear case-cover and throttle/spark controls
* Good used exhaust
* Good used oil type rear tail light
* Good used ignition switch, 1917 to 1925 style
* Virtually every wiring harness, dash harness and battery/starter cables

Thanks Guys for letting me ramble-on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Rick Rice
Gainesboro, TN
Cell: (330)714-8151
Email: rickrice04@yahoo.com

Henry K. Lee
First Name: Henry
Last Name: Lee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Many
MTFCA Number: 479
MTFCA Life Member: YES

Re: TT Parts Wanted

Post by Henry K. Lee » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Call me later Rick.

Hank

Novice
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Davis
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring. 1923/26 Open Express. 1920 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 49832
MTFCI Number: 24686
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Novice » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Rick. Congratulation's on truck #3 ? Pictures please. Your old open express being delivered to Texas 2018.
Attachments
IMG_20181002_160013836-800x600 New oil light 26 Express.jpg
IMG_20180919_134729845 (4)-800x600 Truck Delivery by Bill Squires.jpg

Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Post by Joe Bell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:48 pm

I have a 26-7 oil tail light and pressed steel bracket, these are rare pieces since most where electric from that era except the mininites.

Hitmiss
First Name: Julius
Last Name: Korus
MTFCA Number: 24140
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Hitmiss » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Sent an email right after you posted Julius

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 6866
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KeithG » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Rick, I sent you an email.

Keith
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic