WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post parts wanted or for sale here
User avatar

Topic author
Quickm007
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
Location: Canada
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Quickm007 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:41 am

Hi, I would like to buy 6 used Reflectors wedge for Gas light. Thank you MTFCA. picture bellow what I'm looking for.
reflector wedge.GIF
reflector wedge.GIF (82.83 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 race car project


Original Smith
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:43 am
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
Location: Lomita, California
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Original Smith » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:46 am

Good luck! They usually swell and crack. We made copies several years ago, which are available from Langs, only for the Jno. Brown lamps.


Adam
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 am
First Name: Adam
Last Name: Doleshal
Location: Wisconsin
MTFCA Number: 23809
MTFCI Number: 1
Board Member Since: 2000

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Adam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:52 am

Exactly what Larry said! This is something you WILL have to buy new or make. 99% of Used ones will be broken when removed. The other 1% may fail in use. It’s sort of like looking for “good used” babbitt thrust washers...

User avatar

RajoRacer
Posts: 2042
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 pm
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Tomaso
Location: Longbranch, WA
MTFCA Number: 14972
MTFCI Number: 15411
Board Member Since: 2001

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by RajoRacer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:13 pm

I might have some new brass castings of those - I'll look.

User avatar

Topic author
Quickm007
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
Location: Canada
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Quickm007 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi Steve, Hope you will find some Thx
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 race car project


Dollisdad
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 pm
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Rootlieb
Location: Ohio
MTFCA Number: 440

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Dollisdad » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Leo Gochek. I don’t think I got the name right, but someone may know who I’m talking about. He made those wedges at one time.

User avatar

John iaccino
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:25 am
First Name: John
Last Name: Iaccino
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
MTFCA Number: 17802

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by John iaccino » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:46 pm

The name is Ludwig and Ron Gocek. They live in Nazareth PA.

User avatar

JTT3
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 am
First Name: John T
Last Name: Tannehill III
Location: Hot Coffee, MS
MTFCA Number: 49460

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by JTT3 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:45 pm

Larry Smith, Check your email on MTFCA

User avatar

Topic author
Quickm007
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
Location: Canada
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Quickm007 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 am

Still looking to buy 6 Reflectors wedge for Gas light. BO at Lang's and Ron don't have anymore in stock... Can someone send me one, I will try to reproduce them as well.
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 race car project

User avatar

Topic author
Quickm007
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Brossard
Location: Canada
MTFCA Number: 30981
MTFCI Number: 30981
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: WTB Reflector wedge for Gas light

Post by Quickm007 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:08 pm

Still looking for... Thx
Super Mario Bross ;)

1911 Touring
1914 race car project

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic