Chickasha Swapmeet

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Gene_French
First Name: Gene
Last Name: French
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Roadster pkup.
MTFCA Number: 15614
Board Member Since: 2014

Chickasha Swapmeet

Post by Gene_French » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 am

will be in my usual spaces in the south building ... spaces SL4,SL5 and SL6 ... will have my linebore units and bearing molds , several Arwater-kent ignitions , probably a Bosch ignition an adapter plate for the Chev. cylinder head on model T block and many other items ...looking forward to this meet and visiting with all ... see you there ...Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Re: Chickasha Swapmeet

Post by Gene_French » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Not much chatter about the meet or parts wanted anymore... i will be looking for door hinges for 26/27 roadster and A.F. + A.M. automobile related items ... could be why many swapmeets are in a decline ... hope we see a good turnout and many interesting items show up at the meet ... only a few weeks away now ... always an optimist ... Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:07 am

bab2.jpg
bab1.jpg
bab.jpg
re-babbitted a 1917 motor block to use as a display unit for my linebores ...this block was possibly an industrial unit or replacement block since it had an unusual number very lightly stamped above water outlet ...number had a G prefix similar to the Gleaner numbers that were used on combines here in wheat country ? i milled that off to restore the surface ... the adapter plate is on it's way to Australia , a Bosch dist. is on it's way to Georgia , but will have many interesting model T and A parts in addition to my babbitt bearing tools ... see you all there ...always an optimist Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:04 am

Have had several more sales for "pickup" at Chickasha ... save some on postage ... also i will have a small trailer there and can eliminate shipping in one direction for a "home rebuilder special" where i re-babbitt the main bearings and linebore a engine ...will arrive Thursday afternoon and get setup ... looking forward to this meet ...always an optimist ...Gene French 970-581-2808

Russ_Furstnow
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Furstnow
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 Touring, 1913 Touring, 1914 Runabout, 1915 Coupelet, 1916 Coupelet
MTFCA Number: 28
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 10546

Post by Russ_Furstnow » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Sadly, my wife and I will NOT be attending the Chickasha Swap Meet this year. We normally are in spaces ND10 and NE10 (North Building) and have had a variety of speedometers and speedometer parts and leather products at the swap meet. If you are in need of any speedometer parts or leather products, just send me a PM and I'll try to fill your request. We will be attending the "Bakersfield Swap Meet" in Tulare, CA, and we are looking forward to seeing many of our friends in CA. Have a wonderful time at Chickasha. Russ Furstnow

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:57 pm

good time to save on shipping/postage ... i have several items that are pre-paid for pickup at Chickasha ... several items i have listed are already sold , but i am also adding to the pile ... will have a Stromberg LF carb. and a bunch of model a and several model B distributors as well as several Atwater-Kent LA dist. ... also , for those who need their main bearings re-babbitted and linebored , i will be able to haul 1 way to my shop for re-babbitt work ... customer would save shipping 1 way ... always an optimist Gene French 970-581-2808

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:24 am

Will be loading items in my pickup and trailer today , have a heavy snow forecast for this afternoon and thru the weekend ... is expected to be good for the trip to Chickasha next week ... looking forward to the meet and seeing many friends ... see you all there ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Heavy snow storm indeed ... the official snow fall here is 16" with drifting up to 6' in areas ... will fire up the CAT and push a path to the county road ... see you all at Chickasha ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:15 pm

blizzard3.jpg
blizzard.jpg
blizzard1.jpg
a few pictures of our snow drifts ... got the CAT stuck twice and had to do a bunch of shovel work to get it un-stuck ... drift behind the Dodge Brothers touring is probably at a depth of 7 ' ... will get at it again tomorrow morning when all is frozen ... way too muddy now ... only have about another 75 ' to the county road ... deep drifts there too , but the county will probably clear them by Wednesday ...always an optimist ...Gene French

MarkB
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Barlow
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 touring, 1911 under construction

Post by MarkB » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:56 pm

just put some flavored juice out on the snow and turn the kids loose after you tell them about the free snow cones out side

BobD
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Doris
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout, 1930 Sport Coupe
MTFCA Number: 32538
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by BobD » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:00 am

Holy Cow Gene, You really got clobbered there in northern CO. I hope you can dig yourself out in time for the trip to Chickasha.

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Made it to the county road this morning ... is now VERY MUDDY in the drive and there is a 4wd tractor stuck on the county road ... will be at Chickasha Thursday afternoon ... hope the roads are not too bad once we make it to the pavement ... just a little over 1 mile of deep mud , ice and snow ... a piece of cake ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Tim Williams
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Williams
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Model T Speedster, 1922 Model t Speedster project

Post by Tim Williams » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Gene,

Are you going to the Bakersfield swapmeet in Tulare?

Tim

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:02 am

Tim:
will not be at Tulare ... may be able to do the meet in Phoenix... i have several old friends in Phoenix , probably should visit instead of the occasional phone call ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Chris Haynes
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Haynes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by Chris Haynes » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 pm

When I see pictures like that it confirms my desire to stay living in Southern California.

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Had a good meet and un-eventful drive to and return from Chickasha ... have our spaces for next year and are looking forward to more activities this spring and summer ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic