StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

GO ZOOM STROMBERG MB-1

Post by StanHowe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 am

Here is another GO ZOOM carburetor. Had this in a tub for almost a year waiting for the guy to ever send the money for it, ain't gonna happen so got it out today and spiffed it a little and took some pics.

It is a Stromberg MB-1, choice of the overhead builders in the late teens and twenties. Short so it fits in between a T manifold and the hogshead or on an overhead as a side draft -- which it is probably what it was mostly used as -- with a lot of oomph, sized small enough so it will start good and idle good, still run about as fast as you want to go. This is a no drip carb, has a sealed idle system, no fuel in the inlet that can get out. Choke housing can be turned 360 degrees.

I have sold every one of these I have ever had including a set of 4 NOS ones several years ago. Speedster guys are very happy with them. Ralph Ricks ran one of these on his Great Race car, several are running on hot speedsters, etc.

Not only that but it looks cool!!

Zoom Zoom!!

Note that the fuel inlet and some other pieces are not included in the photos. The two throttle plates that are shown with the red ruler -- the one on the left is from the MB-1, the one on the right is from a Stromberg OF. It is not new old stock but is in very good condition and will be rebuilt with a new throttle shaft, upgraded needle and seat, etc.

Price is with it rebuilt, hopefully test run and adjusted depending on our Montana weather and how soon you need it. Up to you. I prefer to test run all my carbs.

$750 with freeeeeeee shipping and insurance in the US.

Please do not use the PM system. Either email me at stanhowemt at aol dot com or call me at 406-949-3 four four 8.
Attachments
2019 1 8 carbs 013 stromberg mb1.jpg
2019 1 8 carbs 020.JPG
2019 1 8 carbs 020.JPG (82.93 KiB) Viewed 2407 times
2019 1 8 carbs 018.JPG
2019 1 8 carbs 019.JPG
2019 1 8 carbs 015 stromberg mb1 side up .jpg

Topic author
StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: GO ZOOM STROMBERG MB-1

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm

This one is sold, I'll take a look, I might have another one. Thanks for all the interest.

Stan Howe
www.strombergof.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic