2 Cylinder T Engine Project - power unit

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Marcheese
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Cut Off Touring / Pickup, 1923 Doodlebug / 1924 Speedster Gow Job
MTFCA Number: 26904
Board Member Since: 2005

2 Cylinder T Engine Project - power unit

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 pm

SOLD pending pickup

Edited: 4-26-2021
Still For Sale, Lets talk if your interested

The time has come for me to make some decisions, so I am offering up my unfinished, but near complete 2 Cylinder T engine project. $650 Local pickup or can crate and ship in the US on your dime.
IM or email me at crazydart400 AT yahoo DOT com

I can provide as many pics as you need, many were posted on the old forums as this was a project I started from scratch.
A single Valve chamber block was used. It is Standard bore. It has been honed and new rings installed and the rods adjusted--no new babbitt. Crank has been shortened and welded, rear flange trued, camshaft shortened. It has new Stainless 351W valves with modern keepers and 8N retainers, stock springs, valve seats have been reground to fit the valves. Has standard Ford style roller timer, cleaned and reassembled and painted, new wiring. Coil box has been shortened, and new wood installed, contacts clean and soldered.

This was meant to be a functional show piece, as such it is detailed like that. Much $$ spent on ARP polished stainless bolts, and other hardware also polished stainless, everything was cleaned, painted and detailed (block and other parts have exterior pitting though as I tried to keep costs down by selecting items I wouldn't feel bad about cutting up). The 3 screw top Holley G carb has been polished (needs to be redone again), but also needs to be rebuilt. It was assembled so it could be taken to shows and never finished. It does have a new choke spring already installed and the levers repainted.

The pan and cover were shortened, and an oil inspection plug installed in the side (probably could add a petcock like a stock Ford engine. A new crank handle bushing was installed.

The flywheel is a big truck diesel engine harmonic balancer mated to a trans shaft (not finished). It also includes a very nice small fuel tank that is super clean inside.

It has been covered in my garage, but needs a reclean and polish up. it still needs some work, but I think we can agree that the hard labor is already done. I have a ton of time into it, I'd just prefer the space and $$ right now. I can crate and ship via truck within the US only on your dime (based on past experience that should cost in the $300--$400 range, you pay for all materials and shipping costs. I would really prefer a local pickup, or possible meeting place.

Any questions please ask, you can IM or email me at crazydart400 AT yahoo DOT com

Thank You

Also just remembered I built a small cart to be towed with a small tractor (doodlebug in my case). The cart will fit a full size T engine or this half one. It too can be included for extra cost, again, it can be crated and shipped at your cost. See the last pics.
Power unit 28 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 29 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 30 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 31 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 40 Sell 2.jpg
Last edited by Chad_Marcheese on Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Cut Off Touring / Pickup, 1923 Doodlebug / 1924 Speedster Gow Job

Re: 2 Cylinder T Engine Project

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:35 pm

Power unit 32 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 33 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 39 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 34 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 35 Sell 2.jpg

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Power unit 36 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 36 Sell 2.jpg (72.42 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Power unit 37 Sell 2.jpg
Power unit 37 Sell 2.jpg (67.58 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Power unit 38 Sell 2.jpg

Cart I used to tow engine with---Extra cost option

Power unit 24.jpg
Power unit 27.jpg

David Mazza
First Name: David
Last Name: Mazza
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 t runabout

Post by David Mazza » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:55 pm

Interested! Pm sent!

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Still For sale,
If interested, lets talk.
I'd like it to go to a good home and see it running. The hard work is done.

Jonah D'Avella
First Name: Jonah
Last Name: D'Avella
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by Jonah D'Avella » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:11 am

how much do you think it would take to get it running?
F: first F: find
O: on O: oil
R: race R: revive
D: day D: drive
Jonahdavella@gmail.com

Topic author
Chad_Marcheese

Re: 2 Cylinder T Engine Project - power unit

Post by Chad_Marcheese » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Still for sale. Some interested folks, but no one has stepped up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic