For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts - SOLD !!!

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts - SOLD !!!

Post by Walt Wise » Tue May 18, 2021 11:38 am

After buying these for spares and now not needing them, I am selling a pair of matching front wheels with demountable clincher rims, along with the same bearings that came with them(all cleaned up as you can see in the pics – they were packed full with old grease), and other parts(inner rear seals and hub caps). One rim is a Hayes and the other I believe to be a Ford – part number 2845B for both and they perfectly match from the outside, only difference is the inner part of the rim where the Hayes has a “channel” recessed area around the rim where the tire/tube fit and the Ford rim does not – again, on the outside of the rim they match perfectly. The spokes are all solid and none are loose. Being an amateur photographer, I have done my best to capture their condition in the pics. These would be excellent candidates for a car that is not restored or obviously can be restored to original beauty for a pristine car. I purposely did not clean them up any more than just the bearings to leave the outside patina as it is, so the buyer could do with them whatever they desired.

A couple of weeks ago, a seller on this forum was selling/asking for just the circular outside rim $100 each. Here, I am asking $100 each for the demountable clincher rim, the wheel(all cleaned up on the inside), inner used bearing seal, used both inner and outer bearings all cleaned up, and old hub caps. For $200 total for both rims/wheels/other parts, I believe this to be a steal and hope there is someone near Atlanta, GA that can buy and pick them up here since shipping would be quite pricey, but I am willing to package them in a box and take it to the shipper of your choice with that cost being on you. Even if someone does have to pay shipping, the low price may help you with the sale. My thoughts are if you can’t pick them up here is, that either FedEx or possibly Fastenal(whom I have used before for shipping wire wheels from Arizona to Georgia). Also looking for a buyer in the 48 contiguous US states only, because if shipping, I can’t deal with shipping elsewhere.

Payment by cleared check required for sale. I will provide you my mailing address once a buyer has committed to sale. Again, shipping costs are responsibility of the buyer if you can’t pick them up here.

Much Thanks in advance for looking!!!
Walt Wise
Atlanta, Georgia
wooden wheel pics 001 (Small).jpg
wooden wheel pics 002 (Small).jpg
wooden wheel pics 003 (Small).jpg
Last edited by Walt Wise on Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Walt Wise

Re: For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts

Post by Walt Wise » Tue May 18, 2021 11:39 am

wooden wheel pics 004 (Small).jpg
wooden wheel pics 005 (Small).jpg

Topic author
Walt Wise

Re: For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts

Post by Walt Wise » Tue May 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Well that was fast...rims/wheels and part pieces have found a new home!

Thanks MTFCA !!!

Walt Wise

Grntea
First Name: David
Last Name: Tagert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926, 1925, 1923, 1921, 1918
MTFCA Number: 32467
MTFCI Number: 24412

Re: For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts - SOLD !!!

Post by Grntea » Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 am

Wow - great price Walt ! As indicated by how fast it sold. It’s guys like you that make this hobby so GREAT !

Topic author
Walt Wise

Re: For Sale: two front demountable clincher rims, wheels, plus bearings & parts - SOLD !!!

Post by Walt Wise » Wed May 19, 2021 11:05 am

Thanks Mr. Tagert! I have two rules about selling that I never waver from, I don't sell anything that I wouldn't use myself or make a profit on what I sell. As long as I can get close to what I paid for something, I am good! I feel if I got a deal on something, why not pass that along if it turns out I don't need it. For some reason, I always end up with stuff I just won't ever get around to using - trying to keep too many spares of stuff!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic