Due to the talk with the Doc, it looks like Bob's Antique Auto Parts will be liquidating

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
FATMAN
First Name: ROBERT
Last Name: BERGSTADT
MTFCA Number: 1575

Due to the talk with the Doc, it looks like Bob's Antique Auto Parts will be liquidating

Post by FATMAN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Doc says time to make some major changes,NOW
I have decided to start a liquidation sale starting in a few weeks, not good news from the doc. so do not want to leave the family in the dark on this, The company is going to be listed for sale at a very reasonable and lowered price for a few weeks, if no sale then I will start the sale, also we have a lot of patterns and match plates that I might split up for some folks to buy and start making some of these parts, the price of the company is a steel for what is here, can be sold with or without the building, it can be bought as the whole company, or Manufacturing with all machines or can be sold with the retail and used parts or retail and used parts can be sold separately, my personal toy collection will also be going up for sale, it has been a pleasure serving all of you for more than sixty two years,
if anyone is serious, please give me a call to talk, 815-633-7244
there are 3 buildings full of T parts
I will post this on the forum also
been fun, Bob

ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Re: Due to the talk with the Doc, it looks like Bob's Antique Auto Parts will be liquidating

Post by ModelTWoods » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Sorry, to read this, Bob. I've been buying from your late father and you, for over 55 years!
Last edited by ModelTWoods on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Re: Due to the talk with the Doc, it looks like Bob's Antique Auto Parts will be liquidating

Post by ModelTWoods » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:14 pm

ModelTWoods wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:41 pm
Sorry, to read this, Bob. I've been buying from your late father and you, for over 55 years!

csnailnrun
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Snellen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912, 1919, 20's FrankenT
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by csnailnrun » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 pm

God Bless you Bob! Thank you for service to the T hobby.

brassford
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Epstein
MTFCA Number: 30326

Post by brassford » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:09 am

Blessings to you Bob! I hope someone can help Bob and the hobby out by relieving some stress from our friend and continuing to serve all of us.

Topic author
FATMAN

Post by FATMAN » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Thank you for all the kind words, some folks are looking for a few odd ball parts this will be a while before I have time to hunt them down, best is to plan a trip here, a lot of folks are talking retirement, this is not the case, I wish it was, thank you, Bob

Bill Crosby
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Crosby
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Touring, 1920 Coupe, 1926 RPU, 1927 RPU, 25 speedster project
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Bill Crosby » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:41 pm

Bob, I wish you all the best. You will be missed by the hobby and me.

Topic author
FATMAN

Post by FATMAN » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 am

Update,
I start a series of test this week, and a few more through the month of December to see how far my heart is failing, then the series of cancer scans start, hopefully they are clear, it will be a long progress, bad thing is when I started getting system's they came fast and keep coming,
I have a few folks interested it some of he things we make but have lots more, if you are a retired machinist with tools a t home, good opportunity for you, will keep you updated as thins progress, hank you Bob

KeithG
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Gumbinger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '14 Touring, '26 RPU, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
MTFCA Number: 4661
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 6866
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by KeithG » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi Bob, Thanks for the update. We're pulling for you.

Keih
'14 Touring, '26 Roadster Pickup, '27 Fordor, '27 Touring
Motto: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic