Re-babbitted connecting rods

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Gene_French
First Name: Gene
Last Name: French
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Roadster pkup.
MTFCA Number: 15614
Board Member Since: 2014

Re-babbitted connecting rods

Post by Gene_French » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:36 pm

i have been digging thru my stored parts ... i have 2 more sets of re-babbitted Model T connecting rods and a few individual rods for sale ... rods are X grooved and drilled for oil dippers and an oil exhaust hole drilled in the rod webb ...1 set of 1.225" diameter , these are .025 undersize and could easily be lapped to fit a minus .020" re-ground crankshaft ... 1 set of standard diameter rods ... rod sets are $260 with exchange plus $16.25 postage in lower 48 states ( $280 + postage without exchange ) ... i also have 2 individual standard diameter rods and 1 -.020" diameter rod ...individual rods are $40 each plus exchange + $16.25 postage in lower 48 states ( $45 + postage without exhcange ) ...for EXCHANGE , i would require the later "light " series rods and caps ... also , if you would not want to receive these exchange parts as reconditioned parts , then don't send them ! i can ship international at actual postage charges ... Gene French 970-581-2808
conn rod.jpg
conn rod 1.jpg

Topic author
Gene_French

Re: Re-babbitted connecting rods

Post by Gene_French » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:44 am

Gentlemen :
i am serious regarding the condition of acceptable "core" parts ... repairs or rebuilding can be difficult enough with serviceable cores ... it is expected that a part will need cleaning and bead blasting before any inspection or the re-conditioning process is begun ... parts that are so severely rust pitted to the extent that the integrity of the component is compromised should not be considered acceptable by anyone ... wristpin clamp bolts that are frozen inplace and the bolt broken off or the threads stripped are not acceptable ... you would not want to receive these back as re-conditioned ... some common sense and courtesy should be in order ... always an optimist ...Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:04 am

to the top again ... also i will be re-posting the advertisements for my babbitt tooling ... prices will be going UP ... materials and supply issues have increased my cost by approx. 23% since the years beginning... looks like steel and aluminum have become precious metals ... still an optimist ...Gene French

Topic author
Gene_French

Post by Gene_French » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:19 am

to the top again ...thanks MTFCA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic