Zoom Zoom Carbs for Sale! Christmas is coming! Be Ready to tour in the spring!

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

Zoom Zoom Carbs for Sale! Christmas is coming! Be Ready to tour in the spring!

Post by StanHowe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 am

List of a few carbs for sale. Too late for Christmas delivery for most of these but I do have

1. A Master in the correct size for a Model T, Zoom, Zoom!! Winter special $1250 with a manifold although not the original Master manifold which is made of unobtainium. Almost impossible to find in this smaller size.

2. U & J with correct manifold. Regular $1000 with the choke setup, winter special $900 (this is a different U & J than I had on the classifieds, this one does not have the bell crank setup, it is the standard T one.)

3. Zenith HP4A. Side draft, you have to make an adapter to mount it to a T manifold but that's not a big deal. (Cut the flange off the T manifold, turn it 90 degrees and braze it back on.) These are the right size for a hot T engine, very simple, run like a scalded dog. They were always a problem to get jetted right so I developed an adjustable main jet for them, solved the problem. You have to devise a throttle rod system, etc. Not just a simple bolt on but worth the effort. Hard to find. $850

4. Rayfield UF -- the great little Rayfield that bolts on the T manifold, it was developed for the T and was expensive like all Rayfields new so there are not a lot of them around. I haven't had one for months, picked one up recently, it should rebuild very nicely. If you are not so mechanical as some this is an easy upgrade. Probably a 15 minute installation, the fuel feed, throttle rod, everything just hooks right up. Like all the good ones, adjust it once and forget it. Had a guy last summer wanted a better carb, loaned him my last UF because I didn't have a two screw core to rebuild. He drove it on tour, bought it, bought a two screw to put on it for shows but says it runs better than his T ever did. If you have a stemwinder the choke rod works like the original, if you have a self commencer you will need to run a wire type choke cable to the dash inside. $850

5 Zenith S4BF -- Zeniths Zoom Zoom carb for T's that replaced the first design they had that didn't run all that well. I have two.

A. Standard S4BF with the correct manifold, includes the adjustable jet that keeps you from hating it and cursing at it. Performance improves but just a nice carb for all around drivers and ones with maybe a little extra stuff like a head or better cam. Never had anybody that didn't love theirs. I have one only. $850

B. New Old Stock -- this one has the original varnish that Zenith put on them for displays. Both the carb and the manifold. Never been mounted let alone run on an engine. Unca Stan's Christmas Special! $1000.00 Adjustable jet included if you want it, if you are going to display it in your collection you don't want that jet in it. Same price with or without.

As I said, no way is any of this going to be ready by Christmas except that NOS S4BF. It's not fair to the other customers that have been waiting to bump them to get this stuff out. But spring is coming, I'm going to be here working all winter and I'll get them out by the time warm weather and T driving is here. Tell the wife I'll send her a picture and she can put it in an envelope and put it under the tree.

I also have a good stock of Stromberg OF's and a bunch of non-T carbs including Schebler D's in virtually every size, several smaller Kingston 5 balls, etc. Couple hundred brass carbs in stock. Pretty close to two thousand rebuilt.

Calls or emails are best, I don't get messages through this relay system. Stan Howe 406-949-3448 stanhowemt@aol.com

If you want to look at carburetors: www.strombergof.com

Topic author
StanHowe

Re: Zoom Zoom Carbs for Sale! Christmas is coming! Be Ready to tour in the spring!

Post by StanHowe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:31 pm

The Master is on hold.

Topic author
StanHowe

Re: Zoom Zoom Carbs for Sale! Christmas is coming! Be Ready to tour in the spring!

Post by StanHowe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Master Carb is sold. Thanks MTFCA.

I have a lot of carbs for various applications, if you are looking for anything newer than 1901 I might have it. I have a shelf full of air valve type carbs for early cars, many with no name on them but that may be the exact one you need. Quite a few early Holley and Kingston ball type. Lots of Schebler D's.

As I've said before, I only work on, buy and sell Ford/Model T Carbs through the Holley G. No NH's, Kingston L series, etc. I also do accessory carbs for T's like the ones above. About 20% of my work is T related, the other 80% is for other applications, I just sold one for a 27 Jordan in Finland.

If you need something like that I might have it.

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 am

Bump

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic