posting from an Android smart phone.

Can’t log in? Having a problem with the Forums? Have a question about how something works? Get support here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

posting from an Android smart phone.

Post by Allan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 am

Whenever I want to post photos in a post I have used my smartphone for the post. Since the transfer to the new server, I have been unable to do this, while still being able to post from my laptop. The phone is demanding I enter the user name and password to make a post. When I enter my user name and passsword, I get nowhere, other than a repeated request for same.

What gives?
Allan from deeper down under.

AdminJeff
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Stevenson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring
MTFCA Number: 50006
Board Member Since: 2017

Re: posting from an Android smart phone.

Post by AdminJeff » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:47 am

What happens when you post from a regular computer? If that works,then there’s something screwy with your phone. Try another browser? Clear all data from your current browser? Other than that, I’m not sure.

This is from my wife’s android phone...

Jeff
Attachments
8B96BC51-50BA-4585-8C06-D391DFCB62C5.jpeg
Assistant WebSite Admin
1921 Model T Touring, 1930 Model A Roadster
Voltage Regulators, Starter & Generator Repair
www.modeltregulators.com
www.modeltstarters.com

Topic author
Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:29 am

Jeff, I can post as usual from my PC. No changes. I have never posted on my PC if I have photos to post, as I have never mastered transferring photos from my phone. I just can't log on with the phone. The forum comes up as usual, no problems. As soon as I hit the NEW TOPIC box, up comes the screen asking for my user name and password. When enter my user name and password, and hit login and get a message that I have exceeded the maximum number of login attempts I addition to your user name and password you also have to solve the CAPTCHA below. Do all that and get a screen which asks me to update. What gives?

Allan from own under.

John.Zibell
First Name: John
Last Name: Zibell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 30265
MTFCI Number: 24046

Post by John.Zibell » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 am

Not sure what the android issue is with the phone, but transferring pictures to the PC is easy. With your USB cable (probably removable from the charger) just connect the phone to the PC. It will just appear as another drive. Then use you file management tool on the PC to copy pictures to the PC.
1926 Tudor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic