Inquirey: Usable Top Tank for Model T Radiator

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Inquirey: Usable Top Tank for Model T Radiator

Post by ModelTWoods » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Does anyone happen to have a good, usable top tank for a Model T radiator that they'd part with? One that is crack free, and, preferably, dent free, although minor dents that don't affect serviceability, would be OK. I'd prefer just the tank so I wouldn't have to pay shipping on a complete, heavy radiator. and just the top tank is bad on mine. I recently bought a iightly used radiator, knowing that it had a crack in the top tank. Upon receiving it, the top tank has serious dent issues that weren't noticeable in photos that I saw of the radiator before purchasing it. It must have been dropped on the top at one time. Condition of the filler neck is unimportant, as I have a new one that I'll have soldered on when the top tank is swapped out. I'm not particular whether the replacement tank comes off an original Ford or an aftermarket radiator. I'm not expecting a tank for free. The reason I don't say that I want to buy, is because I may have a junk radiator, but I am 140 miles away from my parts, and it may be weeks before I can go check. Just inquiring at this point.

George House
First Name: George
Last Name: House
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘10 Maxwell AA, ‘11Hupp Model 20, Two 1914 Ford runabouts, 19 centerdoor, 25 C Cab,26 roadster
MTFCA Number: 115
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Inquirey: Usable Top Tank for Model T Radiator

Post by George House » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Yeah Terry. I have several you can take your pick of just a few miles north of you in NB...george
I don’t know why I turned out this way. My parents were decent people.

Topic author
ModelTWoods
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Woods
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Model T coupe, 1926 4 door sedan
MTFCI Number: 20180

Re: Inquirey: Usable Top Tank for Model T Radiator

Post by ModelTWoods » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:10 am

George House wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:38 pm
Yeah Terry. I have several you can take your pick of just a few miles north of you in NB...george
Thanks,George. If I didn't save one junk radiator (bad core; good tanks) I'll hit you up about one. I bought this radiator for my engine run in stand, so the tank doesn't have to be pretty.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic