I took a squirrel for a ride!

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Matt in California
First Name: Matt
Last Name: G
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1926 Fordor Project, TT C-cab flatbed farm field find, TT dump truck project
MTFCA Number: 30697

I took a squirrel for a ride!

Post by Matt in California » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:26 am

Yesterday I worked a bit late,everyone else left at 5:00 promptly, and was the last car in the parking lot. As I walked up to my car I thought I saw a cat or squirrel. I looked under the car nothing. So I lifted the hood and sure enough I spotted a squirrel. It ran and hide, but I didn't seem to run away from the car. So I just started up the car thinking if it was under the car it would run away.

I drove home and mentioned it to my family. We went outside and were surprised to see a squirrel who seemed to be in the state of shock with it's head wedged between the fender and radiator! It's head was facing forward, likely to get fresh air on the drive!

I decided to use a hose with the plan of scaring it away. But all that did was cause it to run around my engine and then hide up in the fender. This morning when I looked for it, it seemed to be gone.

What is the moral to the story? Don't work late on Friday:)

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: I took a squirrel for a ride!

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:51 am

I know a lot of people hate those things, and for some good reasons. But we like them. Glad he made the trip okay. If he can find his way back home I can imagine the tale he will tell his friends!
Thanks for the chuckle!

Marv K
First Name: Marv
Last Name: Konrad
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '26 TT Steel Cab ("ToyBox Twoo"), '25 Coupe ("Cranky")
Board Member Since: 2010

Re: I took a squirrel for a ride!

Post by Marv K » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 am

-Matt-
You're fortunate it wasn't a 'flying squirrel'! (If you've never seen one, send me your email, and I'll send pics.) I haven't figured out 'how to post onto a thread, as yet.
"Let's Figgur it owt!" Just fix it (right), and make it work.....
Aah-OO-Gah! (and), "Happy T-ing!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic