StanHowe
First Name: Stan
Last Name: Howe
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 2
MTFCA Number: 19133
Board Member Since: 1999

STROMBERG OF FOR SALE

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Got the mail today and got in a nice OF I bought off ebay. Was dirty and nasty but a nice carb underneath. Since I posted the photo of the 9 OF's all lined up getting surfaces machined I've had a couple inquiries about OF's for sale. I didn't have any then, now I have two - I took one on trade on the Stromberg MB-1. This one and another one I got a couple days ago will have to go on the end of the queue but if you want one for summer driving might want to calls dibs on this one. Price is still the same, $650 rebuilt and ready to bolt on and run. (I have over 500 of these running around the world)

I also will have one more Zenith performance carb coming up soon, an HU4A. They are very similar to the 2 size 4 Zeniths I sold on here last week with only minor differences between any of them. Hard to find -- probably harder to find than the 5A's which are great for all-out race cars-- but I like these size 4 ones better for overheads used for all around driving. $900 with the adjustable jet, rebuilt with new venturi, etc. I'll post a couple photos of it, email me if you want more.

I will be taking a U & J setup in on trade on another Zenity size 4 so it will also be for sale. It has the correct U & J manifold and will be a good one, bowl replaced with a steel bowl, thread sizes adjusted so you can get a replacement nut if you ever need one and a complete rebuild. $900 with the manifold but no choke control, $1000 with the reproduction U & J choke control. (These are made of unobtainium and I only have two of them left. The unobtainium mine is closed for the time being) I just don't have time to fool with casting or getting more cast.

Please do not use the PM system on here because I can't respond to those on my phone, call me at 406 nine four nine 3448 or email at stanhowemt at aol dot com.
2019 1 12 carbs zenith kingston 5 ball 017.JPG
2019 1 12 carbs zenith kingston 5 ball 022.JPG

Topic author
StanHowe

Re: STROMBERG OF, Zenith HU4A U & J FOR SALE

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Well, I can't get it to load more pictures and I can't figure out how to edit the title, it's 5 on Saturday, I'm tired of trying to figure this out and I'm hungry.

So read the post above. Here is the condensed version. I have two OF's for sale. I have a Zenith HU4A for sale. I have a U & J for sale. This all happened today. This is the other side of the HU4A.

Phone number is in the ad.

Call me.

Thanks! I'll get smarter at this.
2019 1 12 carbs zenith kingston 5 ball 019.JPG

Topic author
StanHowe

Re: STROMBERG OF FOR SALE

Post by StanHowe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 pm

One OF is sold.

tman12
First Name: john
Last Name: Willams
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '09 Roadstr, '12 Touring, '26 Fronti Speedster
MTFCI Number: 20566

Post by tman12 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:47 am

Stan: Hi From Now Snowy In Iowa! I hope your winter is going OK for you? With the weather reprieve we finally finished the harvest on Jan 4 about 6 weeks later than we like! I'm sorry I am so terrible about getting things done, but will you still redo my UJ I have talked to you about - but not gotten around to sending? All The Best John

Topic author
StanHowe

Post by StanHowe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am

tman12 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:47 am
Stan: Hi From Now Snowy In Iowa! I hope your winter is going OK for you? With the weather reprieve we finally finished the harvest on Jan 4 about 6 weeks later than we like! I'm sorry I am so terrible about getting things done, but will you still redo my UJ I have talked to you about - but not gotten around to sending? All The Best John

Yes, I am hoping to do the run of U & J's I have sometime soon so I can get them back before touring season gets here. I have 4 or 5 to do. Easier for me to do a run of them.

I'm still trying to get the last of the OF's done and on the road along with some others. Not enough hours in the day or energy in the bank. Thanks

tman12
First Name: john
Last Name: Willams
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '09 Roadstr, '12 Touring, '26 Fronti Speedster
MTFCI Number: 20566

Post by tman12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 am

Stan: Hi From Snowy Iowa! Thanks I will send my UJ to you ASAP! John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic