What year car is this?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

What year car is this?

Post by Walt Wise » Sun May 19, 2019 10:11 am

Please see the link below:

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/ ... 95560.html

No matter "how you slice it", is this not a 24? I have questioned this before on this forum and got a lot of info on this subject - as "this is a late year 23". No suicide doors, has cowl vent, high radiator, and look at that trunk/back glass - clearly to me a 24, or maybe even a 25, since it is difficult for me on those two years.

I wanted to post an ad on the Vehicle for Sale forum this morning, but wasn't sure you were allowed to post a WTB(wanted to buy) for a particular car there and even how to start a new thread - I guess I haven't learned enough about the new system...

Anyway, even though I settled on my 26 Coupe that I bought about 2.5 years ago now, I still want an older(17-23, really preferring a 22 or 23) Coupe. For me, it has to run. I am not wanting a truck bed full of parts, I want pretty much an entire car. I really don't want a completely restored car either, but might consider one, just according to where it is and cost. I also don't want a rusted out, gutted interior car - so trying to explain here, something in the middle of restored and "a bag of bones". Lastly, I know a lot of people on this site have numerous cars and millionaire bank accounts - NOT me at all!!! I have already spent more money on my 26 Coupe than anybody would ever give me for it, which will kill me in selling it to buy preferably a 22-23 Coupe. Lastly, I need to hopefully find a car pretty much in the southeast. I am in Atlanta. Every old Coupe I find is either on the West coast or northeast. My budget doesn't have $2000-$3000 to transport it home to Atlanta. So...anybody out there got maybe what I want??? Let me know and thanks for responses and your reading time. Walt Wise

Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Re: What year car is this?

Post by Original Smith » Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

1924 or 1925, with the wrong wheels.

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Sun May 19, 2019 7:05 pm

It could very well have been sold in 1923(1924/25 style) and was titled as such. The front fenders are wrong too.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun May 19, 2019 7:20 pm

It looks to me it’s a 24-25 Coupe with 26-27 wire wheels. Not really sure on the front fenders but the rear fenders are Touring fenders. The fronts do have the bead on them. The rears don’t have the skirt that goes all the down to the body and going under the rear trunk area. The Coupe fenders had the full skirt.
It kind of reminds me of my Grndfathers 24 that had the same Touring fenders this one does.
I replaced them with the correct full skirt fenders. My grandfathers car had 28 Model A wheels he directly welded on the T hubs. He drove it that way for many years.

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun May 19, 2019 7:26 pm

I think I am wrong on my previous post about the rear fenders. After looking at them again it appears the skirts do go down under the trunk area. My mistake! But it is a 24 or 25 body!

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1915 Runabout 1913 Speedster
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sun May 19, 2019 7:57 pm

In the '50s and '60s, a lot less was known about model T history than is known today. Many people truly believed that both (suicide door and non-suicide door) styles of coupes were built for many more years than they were. I have seen the '24/'25 style coupes licensed and claimed as early as 1915. I have seen several (on the order of nearly a dozen) claimed as 1917 to 1919. These were all cars with later engines, running board brackets and numerous details that today would be spotted very quickly.
Licenses giving clearly incorrect years are nothing to be surprised or seriously bothered by.

Tiger Tim
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Eckensviller
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 cut-off touring

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm

It may not be 100% correct but I think I’d be awfully happy driving around in that coupe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic