Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
SVibert
First Name: Spencer
Last Name: Vibert
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 touring

FS roll of NOS band lining material

Post by SVibert » Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 am

Up for sale is a NORS 200ft roll of ambler autobestos band lining material the price is $350 plus shipping If any one is interested please email me at svibert102@gmail.com thanks
Attachments
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG

Ruxstel24
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hanlon
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Touring car
MTFCA Number: 50191
Board Member Since: 2018

Re: FS roll of NOS band lining material

Post by Ruxstel24 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

I could be wrong (I was once before) :lol:

That lining looks more like brake shoe linings to me.

tman12
First Name: john
Last Name: Willams
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '09 Roadstr, '12 Touring, '26 Fronti Speedster
MTFCI Number: 20566

Post by tman12 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm

How wide is it? I need some brake band lining for my Essex! Thanks John

Topic author
SVibert

Post by SVibert » Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm

lining is 1 1/4 inch wide

Topic author
SVibert

Post by SVibert » Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 pm

price drop to $300

Topic author
SVibert

Post by SVibert » Mon May 27, 2019 12:21 am

Price drop to $200 and free postage in the lower 48

John bevardos
First Name: John
Last Name: bevardos
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Roadster, Coupe, pickup truck, 2-door

Post by John bevardos » Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 am

Hi Spencer, is this material very hard and rigid or is it flexible enough to use inside the transmission. Thank you, John

Allan
First Name: Allan
Last Name: Bennett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 van, 1917 shooting brake, 1929 roadster buckboard, 1924 tourer, 1925 barn find buckboard, 1925 D &F wide body roadster, 1927LHD Tudor sedan.

Post by Allan » Mon May 27, 2019 5:55 am

About the only good thing using asbestos impregnated linings on T transmission bands is, there should be no free fibre to float about in the air, other than that which the band liner may inhale when fitting the material to the band.

Offering asbestos inclusive material for sale may well be in contravention of today's laws.

Here in Australia there are horrendous stories of imported collector cars being dis-sembled by Customs authorities in case there is asbestos in brake/clutch/muffler/gasket components, at considerable cost to the importer for the work and the disposal of materials, and then the need to re-assemble the vehicle.

Nasty stuff, asbestos.
Allan from down under.

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Mon May 27, 2019 10:27 am

If the stories are true about tearing down cars looking for asbestos, that simply reinforces the fact that governments can be supremely stupid, and less of them is better.

Our last home was painted with lead paint, had asbestos covered pipes and knob/tube wiring. I am still alive to tell of it.

As for the lead, we kept the paint in good shape; as for asbestos, it was wonderful...we kept that sealed and in good shape; the knob/tube wiring was an enormous gauge of copper, was kept in good shape, and never gave a moment's trouble.

Interesting that the buyers of the home insisted that before signing final paperwork, the wiring had to be replaced and done by THEIR electrician. He was a fat guy who rolled around on a mechanics' stool and ruined the hardwood floors...he did nothing but roll around and refused to keep cardboard under the hard casters...he never spooled out a foot of wire or made a single connection...he directed two russian kids who knew NOTHING about wiring to run 14 ga lighting circuit wire all over the home as it was easy to fish around corners. Even though I was selling the home, I hated to see the damage these 3 clowns inflicted on the home. Long drills were misrouted and punctured upstairs oak flooring at several places and I had to keep moving our furniture in anticipation of rogue eruptions of drills through the floor. I finally took over that task and that damage ceased. I watched all this in horror as I oversaw their work. The last week we lived there were 7 days of dimming lights, humming stoves and groaning A/C units all operating on dangerously substandard wire. So much for experts and modern wiring. I suspect that the home will eventually suffer an electrical fire and that will take care of the lead and the asbestos.
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Tue May 28, 2019 12:54 pm

As the seller did not reply to my email I am going to post this here. I suggested they add the thickness and that does not look like 200 feet of lining.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

Susanne
First Name: Susanne
Last Name: Rohner
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Late '15 touring, "Angel".
MTFCA Number: 464
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Susanne » Tue May 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Sorry, but...

There's 15 "coils" in that roll, for that to be 200 feet each coil would be what, a hair over 13 feet, divide that by 3, and that roll would have to be 4 feet and change in diameter. Is there more than one roll to make up the 200 feet, or ???, because that roll doesn't look like a 4' diameter roll.

Yeah, I'm interested, but I need more info before I can even consider this. Thanks!

Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Yea, at a foot in diameter for the first coil, I get around 55'
Scott Conger

Topic author
SVibert

Post by SVibert » Wed May 29, 2019 11:23 pm

just saw one of the above posts many of you are correct I made a mistake writing the ad, must have been looking at my shop plans while writing the ad Scott Conger is close their is a little over 60 ft of 1/8 inch by 1 1/4 inch lining there.

Bill Crosby
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Crosby
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1916 Touring, 1920 Coupe, 1926 RPU, 1927 RPU, 25 speedster project
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by Bill Crosby » Wed May 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Spencer, how flexible is your band lining material? Bill

RGould1910
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Gould
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring, 1912 roadster , 1927 roadster

Post by RGould1910 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:46 am

I'd be leary about trusting this seller's description about anything he offers for sale. He sold me an "NOS" ring gear for $200 that turned out to be worn and pitted. Here he advertises he has 200 feet of band lining. What he has is 60 feet of what is most likely brake lining. Buyer beware!

Original Smith
First Name: Larry
Last Name: Smith
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 13 Touring, 13 Roadster, 17 Coupelet, 25 Roadster P/U
MTFCA Number: 121
MTFCA Life Member: YES
MTFCI Number: 16310

Post by Original Smith » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 am

Too bad it isn't 1 1/2 X 3/16". I'd buy it for my Rocky Mountain Brakes.

Matt_A_1926
First Name: Matt
Last Name: Atchinson

Post by Matt_A_1926 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:45 pm

rgould1910 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:46 am
I'd be leary about trusting this seller's description about anything he offers for sale. He sold me an "NOS" ring gear for $200 that turned out to be worn and pitted. Here he advertises he has 200 feet of band lining. What he has is 60 feet of what is most likely brake lining. Buyer beware!
Spencer Vibert is a liar and a cheat. He was the one I sent my engine to have rebuilt. It came back without a single lockwasher or cotter pin on it, 4 bolts missing off the engine pan, the reinforcing brackets under the pan and the brackets that go from the pan to the trans cover (26 27 engine) were gone, he didn't return my water pump, he didn't flush the block like he was supposed to, the alternator he put on it is a broken piece of garbage. The icing on the cake, he's a thief. I sent him a bruce compton rebuilt stromberg OF carb to go on my engine. One week into getting my engine back the OF throttle butterfly grenadedd itdelf into my intake port. Upon taking the carb off I discovered it was not the one I sent him, serial numbers don't match and mine had a groove filed on the side this one lacks. His family has since moved, and he's on the lamb dodging me. I've filled out paperwork to sue his butt, as well as as soon as I find him I'm having the police go after him for petty larceny. He messed with the wrong guy. I'm still here Spencer, and your butt is mine. I'm not letting you get away! Avoid this guy like the plague. I'd recommend that the MTFCA here revoke his membership and ban him, I have plenty of photos and video to back up what I'm saying. If anyone knows his current address PM me so I can send my lawyer to his door, I've had enough of this little weasel.

Scott_Conger

Post by Scott_Conger » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Matt, I don't know you or Spencer. However, I do know that it would be in your best interest to ask your lawyer what "Libel" mean, and then perhaps prepare to defend against those charges, because that's exactly what you have just done to Spencer. It would be a very easy case to prosecute and prevail on. Your case against him? Well, good luck as you're not nearly as well prepared with evidence as Spencer is.

Aren't public forums great? They can be helpful or get you into a lot of trouble. I hope for you it is not the later.

In any event, none of this mud should be slung here. Duke it out in court and report back here 2 years from now as to how it all came out.
Scott Conger

Matt_A_1926
First Name: Matt
Last Name: Atchinson

Post by Matt_A_1926 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 pm

It's not libel, as nothing stated is false, and I do in fact have the photos and video of me discovering one mess up after another on the engine. I also have photos of the carb I received from bruce before it went to him, and the subsequent junk one I pulled off of the car, I'd suggest you stop defending people like him, as he gives people of the hobby a bad name. He was given every opportunity to make this right without being called out or going to court, or even arrested for petty theft, but he's obviously not interested in that as he's been dodging me for six weeks. I am simply warning people about who he is. I work too damn hard to let this liar and cheat make off after screwing me. I spent two years saving up for that engine rebuild. The theft of the rebuilt carburetor was the final straw.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic