Topic author
modeltbarn
First Name: Gary
Last Name: London
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring
MTFCA Number: 16592

Dubats Crankshaft, Connecting Rod Set

Post by modeltbarn » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:57 pm

This is a Dubats crankshaft with less than 100 miles run on it. I rebuilt an engine using this crankshaft late last year. The block had a thin water jacket from a poor machining job on the manifold surface that started to leak shortly after putting it in service. I gave up trying to fix it in the car. I built up a new engine and swapped it out so I wouldn't be down for months this summer, now I don't have a use for this. It was new in the box until last year. I had it micro polished to remove the little bit of surface rust that was on the journals but it did not require grinding.

The rod journals measure 1.247 - 1.2475; mains measure 1.2475-1.248. The journals measure straight and round, variation is between the journals.

I had rod and main bearings done by Vic Tyrel at Antique Engine Bearing Service. I had 5 rods done so I'd have a spare. The rods are marked to identify what cylinder they were in so it's easy to use them. The rod and wrist pin bolts are new Snyder's bolts. The rods are drilled for dippers and X'd.

There is a new timing gear installed.

The crankshaft is $1,475.
The set of rods are $300 with the crankshaft.

Plus actual shipping and insurance unless you can pick it up.

If whoever buys the crankshaft wants to take on trying to repair the block They can have it with main bearing caps and bolts, but I'll want a good set of main bearing caps and bolts exchanged. The block is a 1914 (that's why I tried to use it). The babbit in the block also has less than 100 miles on it. The block was bored and honed at +.060 and has hardened seats in the exhaust. I've also got the valves and lifters for it; I planned to keep those but we can work something out. I don't have pictures of the block right now but if you buy the crank and rods I'll take some and send them.
Attachments
Crank Removed.JPG
Crank Installed_2.JPG
Crank Made in USA.JPG
Rods.jpg
Rods 2.jpg

It's Bill
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Hoffer
MTFCA Number: 32571
MTFCI Number: 24364
Board Member Since: 2016

Re: Dubats Crankshaft, Connecting Rod Set

Post by It's Bill » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 am

Hi Gary, remember me? Has any balancing been done? What pistons would be good to use with these rods? I believe you have my contact info. Cheers, Bill

Joe Bell
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bell
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Fordor
MTFCI Number: 24066

Post by Joe Bell » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am

You do five rods and you will never need it, I have never heard of a dubatt's crank failure to bad he did not keep making them, competition never hurts on pricing.

Topic author
modeltbarn
First Name: Gary
Last Name: London
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1911 Touring
MTFCA Number: 16592

Post by modeltbarn » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:39 pm

The crankshaft is sold.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic