Cant pitch it!!!

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Cant pitch it!!!

Post by Dallas Landers » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm

I have lived here 20 years last spring. There was an old concrete mixer out back 1/2 full of concrete and rusted out drum. I figured someone mounted it on a steel wheel running gear to make it portable. The drum was 36 inches across, so it was big. I cant stand to pitch things and brainstorming about the running gear under it would make some nice yard art for the front yard.
I got out a torch and cut the large cast iron yoke off the front that held the drum. When it hit the ground and rolled I seen a metal tag on the bottom. It said Waterloo Machinery Co. 1905. I was crushed but the damage was done. I finished my wagon and its been out front for 20 years. The wood deck was old barn siding I found in the top of the drive through corn crib. The limestone block came from the Topeka state bank in Topeka Indiana about 8 miles away . Well the deck on my wagon was rotten to the point the milk cans were falling through. I finished the 8in1 bed for my TT and hated to pitch the side board lumber but needed it out of the shop. Its no good for anything else but may survive another 10 to 20 years with a new job in the front yard.
20190729_114550.jpg
20190729_114550.jpg
The bourds leaning on the milk cans were old and installed 20 years ago.
20190729_114654.jpg
I really like the weathered green paint that Ive seen on countless wood wagons over the years.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: Cant pitch it!!!

Post by Duey_C » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Perfect. Cool story too. That looks really nice! You could preserve the current "patina" and color of the wood with Linseed oil but that would spark the debate whether it's UV resistant... :lol:
It's so hard to pitch things that can...
:)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

D Stroud
First Name: David
Last Name: Stroud
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe
Board Member Since: 2011

Re: Cant pitch it!!!

Post by D Stroud » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:24 am

Dallas, that is so cool to see that those side boards will have another purpose. :) Dave
1925 mostly original coupe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic