Bottom metal channel for window glass for a 1927 Coupe

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
JoeG48
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Gallagher
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Coupe

Bottom metal channel for window glass for a 1927 Coupe

Post by JoeG48 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Help .. Does anyone know if the Part # 8020 CH from Langs ( The bottom metal channel for Window glass ) have to cut to length ..as on my '27 Coupe it is so long that it is jaming on the felt side glass channel ??? Thanks for any help .... Joe .... joeg48@hotmail.com

Humblej
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Humble
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Canadian built coupe, 1924 TT C-cab, survivor 1924 roadster
MTFCA Number: 28034
Board Member Since: 2006

Re: Bottom metal channel for window glass for a 1927 Coupe

Post by Humblej » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm

If it is jaming it is too long. The 26- 27 coupe door is the same as the 28-29 model a truck door. The model a repro parts are usually better quality than the model t. Snyders model a channel costs twice the langs model t channel. As in most cases, you get what you pay for.

jsaylor
First Name: John
Last Name: Saylor
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 Touring, 1927 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1695
MTFCI Number: 23870
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Bottom metal channel for window glass for a 1927 Coupe

Post by jsaylor » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Joe, I did some work on my 27 Tudor front windows a couple of years ago replacing all or the felt channels and the mechanism and rollers, but not the bottom channel. None of the side or top channel parts sold by any of the vendors would fit my doors. Snyder's uses the same part numbers for A and T. I ended up getting new felt channels that were an exact match from Advance Auto. These were a universal channel listed by size not vehicle. By cross referencing I found an exact match but had to add my own hooks. The brand was Stanpro.

For the Bottom channel I noticed that Snyder's lists the same part number A-45963-T for Model T Coupe and sedan doors as the 28-29 pickups.
They do list some different lengths for some of the other Model A bodies. Maybe you have the wrong one.

I need to replace the channels in the rear side windows, they roll up kind of hard but come down easy, but I really do not want to put the upholstery out.
John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic