For Sale Direct Drive Distributor

Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
dobro1956
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Brown
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring
MTFCA Number: 49575

For Sale Direct Drive Distributor

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:49 am

I have a direct drive distributor setup for sale. This was removed from a running engine a few years ago. The owner had just bought the car and wanted to convert back to original coils. (he was a purist). I took the setup as partial payment for my work. I thought I would maybe use it on one of my projects. But I never got around to it. It was in perfect running order when I removed it, and it shows very little wear. Other than a little shelf wear it will work as good as new. I have way more stuff than I can ever use so, its time to let some things go.

This distributor set up is still sold in Macs catalog. Current price is 385.99. They also sell all the points, caps, wires, condenser, cam lobes, ect if a person should need a part in the future. I believe these are made by Model T Ranch and they also sell them. Parts are also readily available at local parts stores or on e-bay. If you shop e-bay the parts are really reasonable. here are the part numbers:
Distributor cap JH-95
Rotor JR-72
Condenser FD-77
Points JP-13P

The only thing missing from the original kit is the # 8-32 bottom tap, a # 29 drill bit and the small tube of point lube/grease that originally came with the kit. . All are available at the parts houses or e-bay

Here is a link to a tap/drill bit set on e-bay for about 7.00 for both
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Irwin-Hanson-8 ... SwqWZdVp04

This kit is 6 volt. If wanting to run on 12 volt a person would need to buy a 12 volt coil and a ballast resistor to use instead of the six volt coil. . (also available at parts house or tractor supply)

There are very detailed instructions included. I can also send a digital (pdf) copy of the instructions to the buyer if they want it.

This kit does require you to remove the radiator to install it. You will also have to file a very small flat on the end of the cam for the rotor to fit onto. The flat will in no way affect the ability to change back to original coils if a person ever wanted to. To change points or service the distributor after installation, a person just removes the distributor in the same way as removing the original timer.

I will take 150.00 for it plus 13.60 shipping Total = 163.60

Less than 1/2 price for a lightly used setup.

Please look at all the pics and e-mail any questions you may have to the e-mail address in the last photo. PM messages are not the best choice and I may not see it as quick as a regular e-mail ...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (1).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (2).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (3).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (4).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (5).JPG
Last edited by dobro1956 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
dobro1956
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Sport Touring, 1919 Speedster, 1914 Speedster, Wards tractor conversion, non starter 1926 Improved Touring

Re: For Sale Direct Drive Distributor

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:50 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (6).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (7).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (8).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (9).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (10).JPG

Topic author
dobro1956

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:54 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (11).JPG
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (12).JPG
name  card.JPG

Topic author
dobro1956

Post by dobro1956 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 am

Sold to Richard, pending payment

Thanks mtfca .....................................

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic