Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

WTB: sediment bulb valve(cylinder) with “pristine” handle

Post by Walt Wise » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Okay…wet and cold here, so I thought I would provide a good laugh at myself and let you laugh at me too! See the pitiful pics below of my creative fix, since I don't braze or weld. It works, but even though you would have to look under the car to see it, I know I can’t live with it. Is there someone out there that has a good spare sediment bulb valve(cylinder) and handle they can sell me? Yes…I know I can buy a donor bulb to get this part I need, but I just did that, seller said it was in perfect shape, so I guess the USPS opened the box, froze it into the bulb like the thing had been buried underground for 50 years, the handle was bent and already had a hairline crack in it where someone tried to unfreeze it! One of my hard lessons to stay off Craigslist! When I contacted the seller about it after getting it, his comment was it was sold “as is” – some people…

Anyway… so now I ask the great people on this Forum, which I should have done in the first place. Let me know if you have one and what you want for it. I really don’t need the entire bulb, just the good valve(cylinder) with that pristine handle. Did I give y’all a good laugh??? Thanks for looking!!! Walt Wise
Lot ot T parts 003 (Small).jpg
Lot ot T parts 004 (Small).jpg
Last edited by Walt Wise on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: WTB: sediment bulb cylinder with “pristine” handle

Post by Scott_Conger » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Walt

100 years of trauma at the hands of 1/2 dozen owners will tend to do that to a part...particularly if part of those 80 years it spent underground. :D

Seriously though, you may well find that getting an orphan valve to fit a separated bulb without leaking may prove to be more theoretical than practical. You may prove me all wet on this, and I hope you do, but I'd temper my expectations.

I've found fewer bumps in life by being a pragmatist rather than an optimist :lol:
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

RajoRacer
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Tomaso
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Touring, 1919 Centerdoor, 1924 TT C-Cab Express, 1925 Racer
MTFCA Number: 14972
MTFCI Number: 15411
Board Member Since: 2001

Re: WTB: sediment bulb cylinder with “pristine” handle

Post by RajoRacer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Not all sediment bulb valves will fit all sediment bulbs - there are variances in manufacturers !

Topic author
Walt Wise
First Name: Walt
Last Name: Wise
MTFCA Number: 12345

Re: WTB: sediment bulb valve(cylinder) with “pristine” handle

Post by Walt Wise » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:46 am

Anybody??? I swapped the valves around in two of the bulbs I have and they both seemed to fit each other??? Maybe I just got lucky there - which isn't typical for me though...

Probably looking for the "needle in the haystack" here to acquire a valve with a good handle attached since that is the part of the valve that gets broken off...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic