"Ran When Parked"

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Tim Rogers
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Rogers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe & 1923 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2013

"Ran When Parked"

Post by Tim Rogers » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:42 am

ran.jpg
<o><o><o><o> Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks - Forum member since 2013 <o><o><o><o>

TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Re: "Ran When Parked"

Post by TWrenn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 am

I bet it'll still run today!! :lol: What a shame they just left it go. Sinful, just sinful.
Great picture. Thanks for posting Tim.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:09 am

Then, why was it parked?
Norm

Erik Barrett
First Name: Erik
Last Name: Barrett
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 speedster 1924 touring 1925 dump truck

Post by Erik Barrett » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:23 am

Dodge Brothers

RichardG
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Grzegorowicz
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1921 T pickup

Post by RichardG » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm

THAT BOTHERS ME TOO, HOWEVER ,MY UNCLE CHARLEY RAN WRECKER FOR A GARAGE IN ACTON MASS, MANY YEARS AGO, IT WAS ON A SIDE HILL YARD NOT VERY BIG, ALL THE WRECKS [TO SHOT] TO FIX WERE PILING UP, IT GOT TO WHERE THEY HAD TO DO SOMETHING, UNK SAID THEY PUSHED MANY OF THE HULKS OVER THE BANK, AND FILLED OVER THEM FOR YEARS,NOW ITS A BIG LOT , SOME OF THE CARS HE SAID WERE BIG OLD ONES, HE SAVED A CHAIN DRIVE METZ, BECAUSE THE CLUTCH WAS BAD, THEY FIXED THAT, HE LIVED NOT FAR FROM A SAND PIT AND HE WOULD TAKE IT THERE AND HAVE FUN WITH IT, ONE DAY IT QUIT AND HAD NO WAY TO GET IT HOME THAT DAY,WHEN HE WENT TO BRING IT HOME HE WAS TOLD THEY BURIED IT, NOW THIS WAS 60 --- 70 YEARS AGO , HOW MANY TIMES I WISH I COULD HAVE TRIED TO FIND THAT LITTLE CAR, JUST THINK OF THE ONES THAT ARE RUSTING AWAY HIDDEN IN THE WAY BACK STILL WAITING TO BE RESQUED, NOT SO MANY AS THERE WERE, GROWING UP IN THE HILLS EVERY FARM HAD A PILE OF BROKEN BENT USED UP SHITUFF, AND WAS IT FUN TO DIG THROUGH IT TO FIND A TREASURE THAT WAS FORGOTTEN YEARS AGO, TO BE USED AGAIN, IN LATER YEARS I HEARD OF TWO CARS BURIED IN A CELLAR, IT WAS A STORAGE BUILDING , THAT BURNED, AND IM TOLD THERE WAS A STANLEY AND A FIRE CHIEF MODEL T ROADSTER IN THERE, AND IT WAS FILLED IN ,I DRIVE BY THAT LOCATION OFTEN AND ALWAYS THINK ,WHAT IF---SO PERHAPS SOME LUCKY SO AND SO FOUND THAT TREASURE RESTING BY THAT BARN AND ITS NOW SOME ONES PRIDE AND JOY, THE T I HAVE LOOKED VERY MUCH LIKE THAT WHEN FOUND. OVER SOME VERY FUN MONTHS IT IS NOW READY TO FACE ANOTHER 100 YEARS,[ WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR ME], YOUVE HEARD THE TERM WORKED TO DEATH, WELL ANY ONE WORTH HIS SALT HAS DONE JUST THAT, WHEN I LAY DOWN FOR THE LAST TIME I WILL FEEL I DID ALL THAT WAS POSSIBLE IN ONE LIFE TIME. SAVING MANY OLD CARS WAS JUST ONE OF MY PASSION'S, THE STUTZ WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE,S I HAVE MANY PICTURES TO SHARE BUT CANT PRINT THEM ON THE T FORUM, I SAVED BUT TWO MODEL T,S, AND BUILT MANY T ENGINES , FOR CUSTOMER'S , SPEAKING OF THAT IT BRINGS TO MIND THERE WAS A ENGINE FOUND BURIED BY MASCOMA LAKE,IT WAS BROUGHT TO ME TO OVER HAUL, ITS ASTOUNDING THE CONDITION OF SOMETHING BURIED WHO KNOW'S HOW LONG, THIS WAS 35 YEARS AGO, INSIDE THE THING WAS LIKE IT WAS NEVER BURIED, IT MUST HAVE BEEN ON THE MANIFOLD SIDE DOWN PLUGS STILL IN IT NOT SEIZED, BUT ONE ROD HAD WHAT LOOKED LIKE PORK RHINE OR LEATHER BERING, HARD AS ROCK , I WISH I SAVED THAT, REBUILT IT TO USED AGAIN.THEY ARE TOUGH LITTLE GUYS.

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 pm

It’s a shame that the Dodge was just left out in the open and just rot down. Reminds me of the old wrecking yard that was near where my Grandparents lived. Several cars in the late 30’s and 40’s were all solid cars that the owner was waiting for the right price. 2 were 30’s era Packards that literally ruined in the open weather where they sat for over 30 years.
I’m sure there are more of us on this forum that recall seeing cars left in a field and just forgotten till they were pretty much gone. Oh Well.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:08 pm

About 1953 or so a house burnt down in our town. There were parked in the yard a 24 Star and a 22 Dodge. The man who had lived there said a friend of mine and I could have them if we hauled them away. The titles to both cars were burnt with the house. Well, I liked the Dodge Roadster and my friend liked the Star, so we agreed that I would take the Dodge and he would take the Star. All he had to do to the Star was to put in a battery and it fan fine! He sold it for about $75. The radiator and rear axle were missing from the Dodge, so I put the body on the chassis of a Model A from which the body had been removed to make a hot rod. Anyway, I got it to running and ended selling it for $9. My friend got the best of that deal. The rest of the Dodge went to the junk yard.
Norm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic