Post parts wanted or for sale here

Topic author
Grizwaldo
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Grisbee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 0

FS GE electric tractor with front blade,may need batteries

Post by Grizwaldo » Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 pm

I bought this out of a local estate and used it a little bit but I think it sat out for some time with low batteries. It has six 6volt batteries with it's own charger but they are not too eager to take a charge. It has a blade which I've never put on. The fellow handling the estate said the previous owner could plow his driveway and sidewalk in virtual silence. Anyone that moves vehicles around inside a bldg. with a gas engine vehicle knows how nasty the air can get. This unit should be about pollution free. I have an electric Power-pusher or I would probably hang onto it. The seat is a later add-on. Like to get $750 and prefer it be picked up. No giant hurry in getting it out of here.Please email me at the below address if interested.
Attachments
IMG_7839.JPG
IMG_8233.JPG
IMG_8240.JPG
IMG_8234.JPG
IMG_8227.JPG

Topic author
Grizwaldo
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Grisbee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 0

Re: FS GE electric tractor with front blade,may need batteries

Post by Grizwaldo » Thu May 21, 2020 11:13 pm

Couple more shots.
Attachments
IMG_8232.JPG
IMG_8235.JPG
IMG_8236.JPG

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Re: FS GE electric tractor with front blade,may need batteries

Post by OilyBill » Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am

Just a suggestion. Try putting a battery charger that has a "reconditioning" feature on the battery set. They are only a little more expensive than a regular charger, and they bring sulfated batteries back to life. All those batteries could be healthy again, especially if you have the time to put it on one battery at a time, for a week or so.
I had brand new batteries that started to hold a smaller and smaller charge, and found out it was because I was drawing them down, and then trying to charge them up again. I started using a "Reconditioning" Battery Charger and the problems ended.
Just google it, and you can read about the different systems and look at some, before you spend any money. Mine was from Sweden and it's been working for a year with absolutely no problems. It's all solid state, and I keep my batteries on a rotating floating charge schedule while they sit around.
My 'T' is just run off a battery, as it has no electrical system installed, and I took the magneto parts out of the engine when I rebuilt it, to lessen the load on the rear main bearing. (Distributor ignition, and crank starting only)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic