Any idea what brand and age on this rod line boring machine?

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
Board Member Since: 1999

Any idea what brand and age on this rod line boring machine?

Post by Mark Gregush » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 pm

I am going to post here as at some point my plan is to use the drive on a KR Wilson boring bar frame, well maybe ;)
One has a drive pulley, what looks like a removable holder for a shell bearing, cutting tool and a feed on the end then a small diameter shaft out of that and ball knob on end. The other one(lower one) is almost the same but no pulley mounted. The cutting tool is missing and different end castings. Looks to have fluid drive feed. I can't find any names etc on them and we are thinking could have had a decal or name on a base unit. I would say they are about 3 foot long and the bar is about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" in diameter in the work area. The top one looks to have brass/bronze chips on the underside by the hole and babbitt chips under the covers that were over the shafts which I took off to see what was under them. The handle on the feed cylinder has a spring loaded piston inside with two holes that line up with the runners on top of the casting. There is a piston inside and wide spaced thread inside the bore.
Update on above. I filled one of the cylinder with hydraulic oil and setup in my lathe. It is self feed. The handle on top is the on/off and there is a valve on the other side (cant see in photos, it's at the base of the tower part) that must control feed rate. So I now have an idea how they work and just need the "WHO" made them part. Anyone?
Thanks
I also posted in a couple of places on smokstak but no info so far.
Attachments
DSCN0089.JPG
DSCN0092.JPG
DSCN0091.JPG
DSCN0090.JPG
DSCN0094.JPG
Last edited by Mark Gregush on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :roll:

1921 Huckster
1925 Cut down pickup

Topic author
Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
Board Member Since: 1999

Re: Any idea what brand and age on this rod line boring machine?

Post by Mark Gregush » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Some more photos;
Attachments
DSCN0100.JPG
DSCN0098.JPG
DSCN0097.JPG
DSCN0096.JPG
DSCN0095.JPG
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :roll:

1921 Huckster
1925 Cut down pickup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic