Just go to your local Ford dealer

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Mark Osterman
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Osterman

Just go to your local Ford dealer

Post by Mark Osterman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:17 pm

In my quest to find a decent front fender I finally located one in North Carolina thanks to a T owner who saw my posts on Facebook. We looked into UPS for shipping but it was $260. Also looked at Greyhound Bus which was much better at $80 but dropped it off in Buffalo an hour away.

The shipper then found a friend who was traveling north through Syracuse, still a drive from Rochester, but the price was right. But they needed a place to drop it off any time of day. So I called the local Ford dealership in Syracuse and asked the manager of the parts department if they had a sense of humor. They agreed to take the fender and hold it for me until I can get there. Might make a nice local human interest news story ... the part that took 96 years to arrive! 😀

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
Board Member Since: 2005

Re: Just go to your local Ford dealer

Post by Scott_Conger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 pm

What a great story!

If the dealer has as good business sense as he does humor, he would indeed call local news for a puff piece.
Scott Conger

Full Flow Float Valves - deliver fuel like Henry intended!

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth

Post by perry kete » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:14 pm

I would like to see the look on other customers faces when you walk into the parts department and ask for a Model T Ford fender and the parts clerk pulls it out and hands it to you! :shock:
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

sweet23
First Name: Darryl
Last Name: Bobzin
MTFCA Number: 27211
Board Member Since: 2016

Post by sweet23 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 pm

There always seems to be a way to get old car parts delivered. Last spring I bought a fender from a man in Iowa. Shipping to North Carolina was just to pricey. He talked to some people he knew, and they had a son in college in NC. As luck would have it, he had to go home to Iowa to a wedding just a couple months after I made the deal for the fender. He was happy to do some delivery work to make a couple bucks. I ended meeting him just an hours drive from my home to get the fender from him.

Sparknwire
First Name: RJ
Last Name: Lucyszyn

Post by Sparknwire » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:09 pm

I use Fastenal store to store shipping I shipped A 1952 Lincoln tranny,radiator, box of misc motor parts etc from Rochester NY to Columbus Ohio for $150 all you have to do is bring it to the store and they ship it for you It all has to fit into a pallet no overhangs

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic