I chased it, I caught it, now what do I do? Looking for info on 1913 Canadian Ts.

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
nsbrassnut
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Lee

I chased it, I caught it, now what do I do? Looking for info on 1913 Canadian Ts.

Post by nsbrassnut » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi All

I recently chased and finally caught the remains of a 1913 Canadian Model T touring. This was a nearly complete car about 30+ years ago, but the previous owner took it apart for restoration and it had ended up apart for decades and is a mixture of rough parts and some new parts and a lot of bits and pieces are missing.

The parts collection is a mixture of late ’13 and early ’14 style parts. The body is a Fisher Canada one and likely a late production body with the factory re-enforcement brackets in the rear. It does have the ’13 style steering column, but has a ’14 style windshield frame (folds back style). It did come with remains of the original firewall, which is one of the “mirror” ones, drilled for both left and right hand drive.

The wood framing is rough and some of it is missing. I would be interested in corresponding with anyone else who has a ’13 Canadian touring that could share some pictures of the wood framing and interior details of how this body should be put together.

By the way, it’s a right hand drive Maritime Canadian T too.

Thanks

Jeff
Nova Scotia
Attachments
Body right.jpg
Body left.jpg

Barry Loucks
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Loucks
MTFCI Number: 19626

Re: I chased it, I caught it, now what do I do? Looking for info on 1913 Canadian Ts.

Post by Barry Loucks » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:14 pm

I have a late ‘13 Canadian touring, LHD, originally from New Liskeard, Ontario. It had the body off in the late 1940’s and a new paint job at the time with a new low nap roller!!!! I’m pretty sure the body has never been disassembled. It still has most of the original interior including door panels, and seat backs. Let me know what photos you’re looking for, I’ll be glad to send you photos of what I have. I’ve had the car for 20 years, bought it from a fellow who had it for 52 years.

Barry

Topic author
nsbrassnut

Re: I chased it, I caught it, now what do I do? Looking for info on 1913 Canadian Ts.

Post by nsbrassnut » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi Barry

Thanks for responding. I 'll try a PM to see if we can get in touch.

Thanks
Jeff
Nova Scotia

Wayne Sheldon
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Sheldon
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Wayne Sheldon » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:33 pm

A year or two ago, Russ Furstnow was researching the Canadian Ts to update and correct the judging guidelines. I think this was done through the MTFCI (Model T Ford Club International) as they are the ones that do judging shows and sponsor the Stynoski award. I am fairly sure Russ is a member of both major clubs, and the Judging Guidelines were being sold my the MTFCA business office also. You may want to check with them to see if the new Guidelines now include the Canadian built cars.
We are all still learning more about our beloved model Ts. Why, just today I learned that the right hand drive Canadian brass era Ts were not drilled/punched for the left frame rail as I knew the later Canadian cars were (your other "frame" thread!). I know that there are a lot of detail differences between the USA and Canadian Ts. But I cannot personally offer anything specific to the 1913 models beyond the known engine block modification (removing the "made in USA"), and confusing engine serial numbers as they switched from USA factories to Canadian factories to produce the parts. Some early '13s may still have USA serial numbers,I believe that most '13s would have the Canadian "C" with low serial numbers. I know Russ and others were trying to pin down serial number ranges, but never heard a final tally.

Topic author
nsbrassnut

Post by nsbrassnut » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi Wayne

I have a copy of the latest guidelines and it does include several notes on the Canadian built Ts. But the Canadian part is still a work in progress. I sent in a list of several suggested revisions recently for the Canadian '13 to '16 section based on a combination of collected information (much thanks to this forum too), plus my own observations and notes.

The more we search and look, the more we learn about them.

Jeff
Nova Scotia

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic