1926 TT radiator

Discuss all things Model T related.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Zeppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Jennings
Location: Sunbury PA

1926 TT radiator

Post by Zeppy » Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Hello everybody. Where is the best place to get a new radiator core for my 1926 TT?


Tom Hicks
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:07 pm
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Hicks
Location: Chesterfield, VA
MTFCA Number: 32518

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Tom Hicks » Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 pm

I don't know about radiator cores, but CONGRATULATIONS on getting a TT!!!
Technology, the solution to all of our problems... and the cause of most of them.

User avatar

A Whiteman
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:36 pm
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Whiteman
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by A Whiteman » Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm

The TT radiator is standard T - so anywhere you can get a T radiator core is good.
Cheers, and enjoy the TT


Topic author
Zeppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Jennings
Location: Sunbury PA

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Zeppy » Thu May 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Tom Hicks wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 pm
I don't know about radiator cores, but CONGRATULATIONS on getting a TT!!!
Thanks you can't wait to get it delivered.


Topic author
Zeppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Jennings
Location: Sunbury PA

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Zeppy » Thu May 02, 2019 7:18 pm

A Whiteman wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm
The TT radiator is standard T - so anywhere you can get a T radiator core is good.
Cheers, and enjoy the TT
Thank you


John kuehn
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:00 pm
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
Location: Texas
MTFCA Number: 28924

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by John kuehn » Thu May 02, 2019 8:43 pm

I had my 19 Roadster radiator recored for 600.00. A new radiator from Bergs is around 900.00. You can save around 300.00 by getting a recore. I am in Texas and the shops in my area were all in the 600.00 range.
The core itself was in the 400.00 range.
Go a shop that deals in industrial, farm and big truck cores. The company that the shop used had them make a core for my T radiator. It’s a flat tube and works great.
Most automotive shops that are in my area wouldn’t touch it.


Topic author
Zeppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Jennings
Location: Sunbury PA

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Zeppy » Thu May 02, 2019 9:16 pm

John kuehn wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:43 pm
I had my 19 Roadster radiator recored for 600.00. A new radiator from Bergs is around 900.00. You can save around 300.00 by getting a recore. I am in Texas and the shops in my area were all in the 600.00 range.
The core itself was in the 400.00 range.
Go a shop that deals in industrial, farm and big truck cores. The company that the shop used had them make a core for my T radiator. It’s a flat tube and works great.
Most automotive shops that are in my area wouldn’t touch it.
Thanks for the great information.

User avatar

TTtom
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 am
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Beckett
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by TTtom » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Did my 27 TT radiator core last summer. No issues came out great. $950 in CA. with oval tubes at regular radiator shop.


Topic author
Zeppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Jennings
Location: Sunbury PA

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Zeppy » Fri May 03, 2019 10:59 am

TTtom wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm
Did my 27 TT radiator core last summer. No issues came out great. $950 in CA. with oval tubes at regular radiator shop.
Thank You

User avatar

PDGx
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:12 pm
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Grohsmeyer
Location: Central Florida
MTFCA Number: 27359
Board Member Since: 2007

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by PDGx » Fri May 03, 2019 11:24 am

Start asking around your local car clubs and shows. Also change your post title to ID your area.
Try to find the independent guy who’s been there forever. Got mine re-cored earlier this year for 360.
He was recommended to me on this forum.
The old guys take pride in working on T radiators. The modern radiator ‘shops’ see $$$ when they hear Model T.
If my short term memory gets any shorter, I won’t even have thought about what I’m going to forget.

Can’t, ain’t Possible

‘17 TT / Holmes Wrecker
‘22 Mack AC


Dallas Landers
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:26 pm
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
Location: N.E. Indiana
MTFCA Number: 49995

Re: 1926 TT radiator

Post by Dallas Landers » Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

Yes, be sure they know they have to take it apart to recore. I was quoted a price and they came back and said they wanted more. Make sure they understand it cant be twisted and the mounting holes have to be right. Just some issues I had at a highly recomended shop. That said, You wont be disappointed with a new core or radiator. Best money I spent to make the T enjoyable!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic